Rocco Palladino - Effects on "KYIV"/"Lift Off"

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Paakaula, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Paakaula

Paakaula

Aug 2, 2012
    Aloha everyone,

Rocco's effects on "KYIV" and "Lift Off" are crazy!

Anyone have any ideas what kind of pedals he might be using or how to achieve similar sounds?

In particular, I love whatever he does to get the harmonic sounds on "KYIV" and there's just something about how deep but clean his octave sound is. His chorus-type effect on "Lift Off" is also very tastefully used.

I'm just starting to get into using effects and recently scored and have been having fun experimenting with a Zoom B1x4. I tried pausing the videos to get a look at his board but couldn't read or recognize anything.

Mahalo nui!

markjazzbassist and Eli_Kyiv like this.
  2. jerry

jerry Too old for a hiptrip Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I don't know what effects he's using but I bought that CD just last week, digging it very much.

Paakaula likes this.
  3. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Rocco seems to be as talented as his father. It will be interesting to see how his career develops.

LBS-bass and Paakaula like this.
  4. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Gatineau QC CA
    I hear a chorus at times and I seem to recognize a 3Leaf Audio Octabvre on the board and it can be heard at certain parts of the tunes, the upper octave stuff might be coming from a Boss PS-6 Harmonist but don't take me on this as it is just my perception of the effects I am hearing in the videos...

Paakaula likes this.
  5. Paakaula

Paakaula

Aug 2, 2012
    Merci bien!

I’m still just beginning to learn how effects work and how to stack them so.
    I’m too broke to buy anything else anytime soon and I’m impressed by what the zoom can do.

Aloha!

FrenchBassQC likes this.
  6. nice record and player. his dad used a boss oc-2 for octave stuff, sorry that's all i got.

7. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    Love the tone Rocco gets on these tunes. I read somewhere he uses a MXR bass octave but I've not seen that confirmed anywhere else and never seen a gear rundown or pedalboard photo.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 19, 2022