1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rocco Prestia sound

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by bass_extremes, Apr 6, 2006.

1. bass_extremes

bass_extremes

Jul 9, 2005
    Hey everyone, in my band class were playing two tower of power songs: what is hip, and soul vaccination. Besides having the same gear what can I do to get a sound like rocco has in these songs?

2. zac2944

zac2944

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Here's an idea. Try searching TB to find old posts about Rocco's tone. I'd bet this question has been asked before.

And I'm pretty sure it's "Prestia" not "PrestiNa".

Good Luck.

3. bass_extremes

bass_extremes

Jul 9, 2005
    your probally right I about that I spelt it wrong

4. johnvice

johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    Try turning the volume control on your bass to 50% max and then turn up the volume on your amp to compensate... you will sound more like the Rocco tone.

5. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

P-Bass or any Split Pick-up type bass. Practice 1/16 and 1/32 notes until your fingers drops off! Practice octave playing the same as above! Practice ghost notes the same as above! Rocco has an impeccable sense of timing and groove! Soul Vaccination is a pretty simple bassline but there are so many funk inflections in his playing on that one! Main thing is............you gotta FEEL the funk!