Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rock Am Ring 2005

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by I-Love-Ratm, Jan 5, 2005.

1. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey y'all

Been checkin out the aforementioned festival and it looks good.Thinkin about headin over for the whole weekend.So I have a few questions for those who are in the know.

1.How much is a full weekend camping ticket?
    2.Where is the best place to fly in to?As in closest to where the festival is.

Line up includes Incubus!,R.E.M,Green Day,Iron MaidenThe HIves,The Prodigy! and The Chemical Brothers and more.Plus loads to be confirmed.

Thanks in advance

Mike :hyper:

2. I'd love to go to Rock Am Ring, bands like Muse and Nickelback have performed at it. That'd be a kick ass shows with those 2 bands playing.

3. Hi !

I was at the Rock am Ring last year . It was awesome .
    I only slept for about 6 hours from thursday till sunday but it was worth it :bassist:

1 ) 120 Euro ( last year )

2 ) From where are you flying in ? hmm..maybe Frankfurt , Bonn , Luxembourg , Cologne . This map might help you : http://www.edbt2000.uni-konstanz.de/bitmaps/germany-map.gif

Some of the bands i saw last year :

Red Hot Chili Peppers :D
    Muse
    Machine Head
    Motörhead
    Korn
    Nickelback
    3 DOORS DOWN
    Jet
    Lost Prophets
    Seether
    Soil

Unfortunately we missed Linkin Park and Avril Lavigne... :rolleyes:

I still missed some bands i wanted to see :

The Roots
    N.E.R.D
    Ben Harper
    Bad Religion
    Beatsteaks
    Drowning Pool

Some pics :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. YEEEEEEHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW! I may have to get myself a passport and come and wtach this. It looks like the most awesome show ever. And damn, Mike has his lovely fretless spector. I've seen that thing up close, and I was dribbling. :crying:

5. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Brilliant guys brilliant!I may have to head over!

6. I wanna go too...........except I don't have a passport and have never been off the island of Britain.

7. The fact that you're 15 might be a problem too.

8. Well , ok you're 16 now. Do you seriously believe that your parents would allow you to travel to a festival in Germany ?

9. If iwas with some friends, perhaps.

10. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    I'm 17 and I'll be goin prolly!

11. Although I live in Germany I probably won't go because I don't have the money (I spend it on basses and computers), besides I hate crowds except when i am on stage an they are cheering :smug:

A friend of mine goes almost every year, he says that it was great

12. Nickelback and Muse put on one hell of a live show.....I dunno about the other bands, but I bet the do too. I'd travel just to see Nickelback!

13. I'm not going this year :bawl: First of all i bought my first car last saturday ( which is quite expensive for a poor student like me :D ) and the lineup is pretty weak imo compared to last year.

Is anyone going ?

14. I see korn pics... where is my hero fieldy?

15. I'll be going to the festival...

I'm so looking forward, and for me, it has the (almost) perfect lineup.

Incubus, Maroon5, Kettcar, Sonic Youth ... already these 4 bands are reason enough for me to spend the 106€ on the ticket.