rock basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by [csp]fortyniner, Aug 22, 2004.

1. [csp]fortyniner

Aug 13, 2004
    i was wonderin if the warwick corvette rockbasses are any good i ask one guy he ssaid no their not but i was wonderin if i got on would i regret it :confused:
  2. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I like them. Go for it.
  3. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    This has been covered before, I think. Do a search.

As far as them being "good", its kind of subjective. They aren't really a substitute for the higher-priced Warwicks and they can't hold a candle to Warwick's older models. But as far as mid-low price/intermediate basses go they're pretty good. They're very solid feeling and have a good amount of bite in their tone. Most of the electronics (I would say all, but I'm not positive) are passive, which cuts down on costs and the wood is less exotic, they sound more raw.

In short, they're not bad basses by any means, I would say they're on par, and better in some cases, than other basses in their field. But, if you have you're set on the woody Warwick sound, you'd probably be best saving your money.
  4. Actually, the only passive model is the Streamer Standard, all the others are active.
    But to answer the original question: most people seem to think Rockbasses are good basses for the price. But personally, I haven't even bothered plugging in the ones I've tried ever so briefly in stores. Maybe my mild dislikes stems from the fact that they were badly set up, but I also thought they felt a bit flimsy and cheap. YMMV.