rock bassist calling all punk bassist

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by blackmetal27, Jul 7, 2002.

1. ok i play in a hard rock band. my friend has a punk band :( there drummer is away on vacation and they needed a bassist cause there bassist can play drums too. so there like ok who can learn all the songs in like 5 minutes. MIKE!!! so they called me and i was like sure. i need to know from the punks what should i do on stage? i would wear my metallica shirt but then i might get beat up. so what should my attidude be like?
  2. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Hmmmm...just jump around and stuff I guess.Look at what the guitarist is doing.I dont think anyone would care about your shirt.If you think someone will make a big deal about it, just wear a plain white shirt or something.
  3. EEbass04

Dec 28, 2001
    Lee's Summit:MO
    Just to let you know. Travis, the drummer of Blink 182 wore a "Metallica-Kill 'em All" t-shirt in one of their recent videos entitled "First Date"
  4. lars from rancid wears a motorhead shirt, for pete's sake. punk is about wearing whatever the hell you want. wear a shirt and tie, even.
  5. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI

WEAR and DO whatever the hell you want! Why in Gods name would you dress diffrent? Do you plan on acting diffrent off-stage. Again, :rolleyes:. Be you, not only is that punk but its what you should always be doing.
  6. ok i get the idea now. now i get what punk is all about
  7. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Punk= One big **** YOU!!

They/we dont care what anyone thinks, accept those damn new pop punkers...:mad: :D

Run around, skank/skip, prance, frollick, and anything that involves moving around.
  8. Go straight up black metal. Dress (and makeup) like Dimmu Borgir and just stand at the front of the stage looking evil.
  9. i think that would be great because the drummers dad is really relegous and he calls me somethimg like a devil worshipor say his son. that would really freak him out and its the dads fire house were playin at;)
  10. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    erm i wouldnt do that if i were you. Too much time and effort, and people think your looking for attention. Just go out, run around, jump, and have fun!
  11. - forget how to play
    - jump
    - wear whatever you want
  12. Go naked and then take a big dump in the middle of the floor like GG Allin did.

No wait, that never did GG any good.

Be yourself (by yourself, stay away from me) Oh no! Pantera?!? That's more scary than GG! What am I doing?

Just be yourself and have fun. First impressions are made with appearences, but people judge mainly by actions. If you are interacting with your band nobody is really going to care what or how you are dressed like. The people who do are trying too hard and probably have a gold membership at the nearest Hot Topic.
    My singer dresses like an old preacher while my drummer has been mistaken for a hooker (no lie, the cops stopped my singer for picking him up once).
    No body cares when we start playing though, because we control the stage.

13. One of the funniest first impressions I ever made was at a local club. I was in the bathroom putting on my make up and this older biker type guy came in to urinate and he was talking to me ranting about how there is no "real rock and roll" anymore. Then he turned and saw what I was doing and shut up and left the bathroom really quickly.

After our set he came up and told me that we really rocked. Even if we did look kind of wierd.

14. :rolleyes:

You know this makes no sense? ... Bands are usually made up of individuals, you really shouldn't follow a dress code. True I show up to industrial gigs in bondage pants, chains and other unusual clothing. But I show up to techno and other gigs the same way. If they make you dress a certian way, leave.
  15. yep.. what everyone else said, go out, play hard, loud, and fast.

pump yourself up for anything - jumping off speakers and things. thats what its about.

Self destructive energy. :D

16. EEbass04

Dec 28, 2001
    Lee's Summit:MO
    "burn it down and walk away!"- zao

it had to be said...I mean they are coming here in 3 days, oh boy, oh boy!! I can't wait! Sorry about that..
  17. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    just play fast and jump around

18. Go out there and be yourself as long as you are having fun..there is no need to put on an act for anyone.
  19. ok its over the show was 3 days ago it was fun but im just not into the punk seen so u dont need to replu anymore