Rock Bassist Survivor

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Sedge, Sep 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well, the 90's survivor thread didn't seem to go down well, but I thought it might be interesting to try this one anyway. Also, the fact that the thread on Fieldy is getting so many responses suggests that the bassists forum is lacking in interesting threads ;). OK, I have nothing better to do on a Monday night either :oops::D.

The rules, in case you don't know, are that everyone votes for their least favourite bassist from the list of remaining bassists. I count the votes at some random time during the evening, and the bassist with most votes is eliminated. The last bassist remaining is the winner, and therefore the best rock bassist ever. Obviously.

I tried to pick ten of the most popular/influential/skillful rock bassists from any era, sorry if I've left someone really obvious out (I probably should have got someone with more rock knowledge than me to do this :p). Let's face it, I could have easily put 50 in the list, but I don't want to be counting votes every night for the next 6 weeks.

The List
    John Entwistle
    John Paul Jones
    Jack Bruce
    Billy Sheehan
    Steve Harris
    Chris Squire
    Tony Levin
    Paul McCartney
    Geddy Lee

Alright, round one starts now and my vote is for Steve Harris. I've always thought he is waaay overated.

[EDIT] dang, i can't even copy from a piece of paper. i was meaning to put Geddy in instead of Mike Watt. Really sorry, but as of yet there has only been one vote, so i think it should be ok.
  2. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    After Flea, this is going to be VERY hard for me. Oh well, the game's afoot!

3. RHCP's not rock...they're more Phunk (Punk Funk)

but I CANNOT stand Billy Sheehan's there.
  4. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
  5. McCartney.... dont kill me
  6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Man! That is a tough list! Flea, for now.
  7. Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    Stevo Harris...I wonder who is forming alliances?
  8. Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Dang it,, Flea is my favorite out of those!!

My vote goes for Paul McCartney.
  9. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
  10. I would say McCartney but if you want Flea on that list, then I want Sting.
  11. There is a FLEA in my soup...

(jazzbo Ross valory isn't there...:) )
  12. Fliptrique

Jul 22, 2002
    Szczecin, Poland
    Endorsing Artist: Mayones Guitars&Basses, Taurus Amplification

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.