Rock City Speaks!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rock City, Feb 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Seeing how I didn't get to the computer before the mods locked the thread, I'll have to start a new one.
    I DID indeed buy the domain name and re-direct it to my website. This was done as a rebuttal to Mr. Barr's repeated digs at me on the dudepit for no real reason. AT NO TIME did I do this for financial gain! We don't carry the same products or have the same clients. People that are happy with his service will continue to work with him. The same for Rock City Guitars. Let's go back in time a bit...........................
    About 2 years ago, Mr. Barr and I were dealers of a product. His advertising of them on his site was worded "I have these in stock" when in fact, the MANUFACTURER had them available for delivery. As a courtesy to Mr. Barr, I sent him a PRIVATE email regarding this, and he chose to post it in his public forum. He then proceeded to call my answering machine at the store and leave a nasty message. The manufacturer cut him off due to this, and NOT because I don't like internet dealers as he states. Also, when I tried to re-but Mr. Barr in his forum, my post was deleted within minutes!
    I'm also a bit upset that he had to drag Keith Roscoe and Jim Bergantino into this, as they do business with people they feel can represent their products properly, which we do.
    There is much more to the story as one could imagine, but in closing, Rock city guitars will disconnect the re-direct. I has served it's purpose to irritate Mr.Barr, but unfortunately I sank to his level by doing it.
    To any of you talkbasser's and dudepitter's that have dealt with me, you know that my absolute focus is my customers!
    Let's stop the insanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    To Adrian Garcia,
    AT NO TIME did I have a problem with you as an internet dealer as you stated!
    George Furlanetto called me to ask if I knew you. I told him that I didn't know you personally, but that you were respected on the forums. My ONLY issue was that you would adhere to pricing, as any other dealer would. I, in fact, gave George Jim Bergantino's number to get a reference for you!!!!!!!
    To come on the forum and say that I have any problem with you, is not cool!
    As for the F-Bass that was "not perfect", Rock City Guitars and George Furlanetto were already taking care of the customer. I didn't think that it was your place to get involved. You apologized in the forum, and sent me an email regarding the situation, and I THOUGHT we were cool with each other?
    What's up?
  3. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Not trying to start a flame war or anything, however, as a long time member of both this forum and the Dudepit I have to say that I do not believe this is an accurate account of the incident.

I'll let Dude tell his side but will ask the rest of you
    to not make any judgement about anybody until you hear both sides of the story.

Chuck M
  4. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Anyone ever see Rashomon?
  5. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    regardless of whether you feel it's justified, it's still illegal, and Dude has every right to sue your ass.
  6. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    Gibsongeek, how freakin' childish can someone be? That is the most lame excuse I have ever heard.
  7. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Whoa! What the heck did I miss? :confused:
  8. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
  9. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    when a fellow talkbasser bougth an F bass with a flaw from you ( highly unusual considering the quality of George' work) all I said to him was that if the bass was flawed - and indeed it was after i saw a picture, he should return , no question about it - he was quite upset with you until you told him you'd take care of him- my involvement in that was just that.. " dude, you need to send that bass back" that just happened to be about the time i became an F dealer- in fact, it raised concerns about becoming one- i had always heard about George attention to detail and customer service- George and I were " sizing each other up" and i was under close scrutiny- he phoned me and asked me what was going on at TB- i explained exactly what i wrote above- even Da5idex ( sp?) admitted at no time was i butting into your business-- but you obviously called George because he called me questioning it- i apologized in public for something i did not do- i turned the other cheek . But you did raise concerns about me because you said it to me yourself- afraid i was going to blow things out and cost you business- i dont operate that way.
    Going back to the Fbass- i participated on an online forum- i gave my opinion - that is what these boards are for- so youre thinking i was out of place getting involved, well- i guess everyone that reponded to that thread was out of line.
    Please dont ask me to be so naive as to believe that you would welcome and aid competing dealer... if you helped me get a dealership- thanks, but its ok, i got it.
    As for the Dude issue- man, that is cold - and pure horsecrap- i had my domain name hijacked the moment it expired for no reason other than to get money from me- so i really have a sore spot with deceitful advertising and underhanded maneuvers.. you can use any excuse , but you got called out, man. Bad judgement on your part. Again, this is an open discussion board and i stated my opinion bout the issue like all others that posted-
    And NOTHING i said was untrue, Corey- you were fustrated that someone else was going to sell the same products you do- for God's sake- you admitted it to me.
    I understand you have a problem with me now- and i knew that before i posted- im a bibg boy- i can take care of myself- botom line- it really doesnt look good for you to do what you did- bad call, man.
    ps- i really dont see the big dilemma with Dude having or not having an item in stock- wether he says in stock or not. Big deal-
  10. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Hijacking someone else's domain name like that is just sad. I'm quite sure that anyone that knew what you(GEEK) were doing just wouldn't buy from you anymore. I think Dude should sue!
  11. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    i dont care if it was a rib or not... it's petty and childish. as is cuttin mr. garcia's bitness. welp... you lost another one geek.
  12. harleyyy

May 30, 2000
    Looks like your true colors are wearing through and thin.
  13. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay

You are loosing alot of respect really fast.

Dont be suprised when bad things come your way. Thats just the way things work.

I will never buy anything from RC Guitars.....

The Dude and Adrian can expect me to at least inquire about prices when Im ready to buy.

14. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Just like in the other thread, I don't think he's coming back to respond:rolleyes:
  15. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    I've readily admitted that the domain thing was childish on my part. I got sucked into a childish "bashing" game with Mr. Barr, and it's turned into this. I WOULD NOT try to sell him the name at a profit, as your hi-jacker did. As for F-Bass.......Why do you think I had George call Jim Bergantino? George didn't even know who Jim was. He wanted a reference for business, and I gave him Jim's number.....'nuff said. I DO consider you competition, as I do any other dealer, but there's plenty of products and people to keep us all happy. I've never considered myself an internet dealer. I have a storefront, and it's all I can do to keep up with that. I do internet sales, but on a limited basis.
    With Da5ids bass, George realized that bass got through his hands and ours without being noticed My fault? Maybe. But George picked up all the shipping BOTH ways!
    Sure I was a little hot when this stuff went down. It was THE DAY you got the "F" dealership. Put yourself in MY shoes. But after your posts on that thread, and our emails, I have NO problem with you AT ALL! I just needed to address some things from your post.
  16. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    That's unfortunate, because you carry Atelier Z's and I really want one of those, however Steve and Adrian are very good friends of mine, and I'd rather try to find one used, which RARELY happens, than to buy from you. As much as Peter Duncan pissed me off, I still wouldn't have stolen his domain name, and redirected it to my internet
  17. odie

odie Supporting Member

Whats funny is I inquired about a bass a few months ago sent an email. The response was that they were heading out of town for something(convention/show?) and they would forward pics and price. Well a week went by with nothing. I inturn send another email....and....nothing.

Guess what I bought a bass from Larry Kaye and another from a Davesguitar. (Cool vintage gu8tar selection!!
  18. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    you know, Corey- im not enjoying seeing you get bashed like this- it doesn nothing for- me- no gloating, nothing, man- i just stated a fact. you AGAIN admitted being put off- the DAY i got the F dealership- you see, it was that frustration that came thru then- but i didnt deserve to be at the ass end of your frustration- it just really struck me funny that you were worried about my integrity and you did this with the dudepit- i KNOW, you already admitted it was dumb.. i just cracked up when i heard ( a while back, in fact ) that you did that. sorry, all i could think was " talk about the pot calling the kettle black!!" it is not my wish to continue arguing with you- i live and let live- liek you said, theres plenty to go around and i actually gig for a living- thank God, because if i depended on bass sales for my livelyhood- id be screwed!!-
  19. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    It seems to me that you do acknowledge you did this as an attempt to draw potential customers from his clientelle (sp?). That makes me ask myself "If they do not have similar clients, then why was this done? If GEEK isn't trying to appeal to bass players, then where did the idea to steal the name "dude pit" come from? Is that a phrase that GEEK just happens to be particularly fond of? Is it just coincidence that he arrange a jumble of letters in that fashion? No! It was an attempt to lure potential customers away from the REAL Dude Pit."
    You don't have the same products and clients? Do you not sell basses, amps, and accessories? Does the Dude not sell basses, amps, and accessories?
    Your actions were just plain vile, and, though I'm no lawyer, seem to me to be in violation of the terms someone else so kindly quoted in the other thread. Your own admission of dislike for the Dude's business practices would lead me to believe that this was a business motivated, not purely personal, dispute as you claim, if I were sitting in a court hearing on this matter.
    While you may have indeed commited the act out of spite, rather than business motives, it was still commited, and is still wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.