1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rock n Roll Flea market in NoVa- Who had the awesome refinished basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MiniMoose234, Oct 17, 2010.

1. I just got back and one stand had some awesome refinished fenders. One was a sweet purple fretless, and then an all white jazz with a p bass pickup and gold hardware. Was anyone else there? I was going to get the purple but im a lil short on cash. Still wanna talk with the guy, i'll have the money in a few days when i sell some stuff.
    Did anyone else go? It was pretty cool. Lots of really nice Rickenbacker guitars.:bassist:

2. Instagator

Instagator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Hey MM..that was me..the show was a blast.The ReRanch refinished crown royal purple bass went to a young man who fell in love with this guitar..and he kicked it like nobodys buisness.This next generation of bass players makes us old guys look so lame.

Sorry if I didn't have time to talk much..the Santa Bass Crabs were keeping me busy,as well as everything else.

Mrs Gator didn't want me to take the white fretless and was happy that it did not sell..whew.

Sorry you were not able to take the bass home.

If you are the young man in the following pictures that purchaced my bass..contact me..I'll share the build pictures with you..this guitar was a build of love..I'm glad it's in the hands of the next generation..I can still see your smile as well as your moms as you walked away from our table...and that's what it's all about.

Some pics from the show..

PA170009.jpg
    PA170010.jpg
    PA170015.jpg
    PA170016.jpg
    PA170013.jpg

Thanks again to everyone who stopped by to comment on my basses...as well as my Jammin' Santas

Cheers.

3. Awesome that it went to another young bassist, can't be upset about that :)
    You do some excellent work, that was the best looking and set up jazz I have ever played. If you start doing refin orders, let me know.

4. Instagator

Instagator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks again for the compliment,that was/is one sweet bass.It was just time to let some go and the show was a better way to do it than Ebay or even Craigs list.I got to meet a bunch of nice folks.
    If I start to refinish this winter I'll give you a call...it's just so hard to part with them after they are done :bawl:

Cheers.

5. I've fixed some up for some friends so I kinda know what you mean, after having a cool instrument for a while and working hard on it, giving them back is painful.