1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rock/Pop/Blues Cover Band Seeks Bassist - San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay)

Discussion in 'Wanted: Bass Players' started by maraga, Apr 9, 2009.

1. maraga

maraga

Apr 9, 2009
    :help:

Experienced cover band based in the East Bay part of the San Francisco Bay Area is seeking a top-notch bassist to replace our departing friend. This is strictly a cover project - no originals at this point.

We are a 5-piece - lead guitarist/male vocalist, keys, drums, bassist (preferably with at least harmony vocals), and me, the female vocalist. Lead guitarist and I share fronting duties. Rehearse as needed in the East Bay (usually 2-3x per month, mainly to work in new material and tighten the show). Play out 2-4x a month at bars/clubs, outdoor events, private parties, etc.

We are in our 30s-50s with day jobs and families. We're not looking to make it big, but like to have a great time, entertain audiences, and make a little extra cash. Looking for a player with similar experience and positive attitude who wants to be part of a team - we are not interested in a sideman situation for this band. We need someone who will do their own work at home so that they are prepared to participate in efficient full-band rehearsals.

You must enjoy playing rock, soul, blues, and pop, with a little bit of country if the venue warrants. Our song list is from the sixties to current charts - even if they are "done to death," the crowds we play for love this music, and we want them to be happy, dancing, and having a good time! Bassist must be solid and able to groove - ability to add vocal harmonies and some lead vocals is a big plus, but not mandatory.

No restrictions as to age, gender, race, or appearance! All are welcome - experience, commitment, and desire are all that count.

If this sounds good to you, please email me at mararagarcia@gmail.com. Include links to demos, band websites, MySpace, YouTube performances, etc. Please provide your phone number and email address as well. I'll be in touch to talk more and schedule an audition if the fit seems right.

I actually have one audition spot that opened up this Saturday afternoon due to a candidate's illness - anyone who wants to jump in and take his slot is welcome.