Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rock Producer Phil Spector Taken Into Custody

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by FunkySpoo, Feb 3, 2003.

1. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
  2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Jeez, all the big names have skeletons jumping out of closets.

What a weird period in history we are living in...

3. Wow....

I read an interview with Ronnie Spector and she talked a little bit about how it had been a rough time towards the end of their marriage.

I remember reading about the gun thing during "End of the Century" in the Ramones Discography.

4. OnederTone

OnederTone Aguilar Everywhere Gold Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    so strange in fact that is sounds like the background for Steely Dan Lyrics.

ek

5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Whoa. Phil Spector, Pete Townshend, Diana Ross...are no legends safe these days? This story's kinda interesting...guess I'll be following this one.

6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Up here in Oakland County, Mich. Aretha Franklin (the singer) is giving the local Prosecutor, and the fire marshall the stall/run-around about a mysterious fire that destroyed one of her VERY expensive homes...Hmmmm.

You don't mess with Oakland County though. It doesn't matter how much money you have.

7. I saw Ronnie Spector on a VH-1 interview once, and I'm pretty sure she said that her husband slapped her around ON THEIR WEDDING NIGHT! :eek:

I think it was Phil.

Anyone?

Mike