1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

rock radio stations

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by beyondhairy, Apr 2, 2006.

1. what are some good rock radio stations?

im not really interested in the emo or punk scene.. im looking for heavier rock, nothing to hardcore either..

also... the new tool single is airing on the radio on the 17th, where am i most likely to find it(station wise)?

2. flatwounds

flatwounds

Apr 22, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    Not being from the area - or even hemisphere - I would not know of any particular stations, however I would suggest checking out 'Little Steven's Underground Garage'

www.littlestevensundergroundgarage.com/

The host is Little Steven aka Steve van Zandt aka Miami Steve from the E Street Band aka Sylvio Dante from The Sopranos.
    The website has a list of radio stations that carry the program. You can also listen to archived episodes of the show. Each week has a particular theme.
    Not so much 'heavy' rock as 'garage' (as the name suggests), but you also get plenty of classics, such as The Beatles, Ramones, etc. The great thing about it is that the tracks that he plays from the more popular bands are often more obscure and interesting than what the 'classic' stations play.
    Hope this helps.

3. sure does, thanks :)

4. buzzsaw on sirius plays sabbath, dio, ozzy, travers, ac/dc awesome station. are you talkin non pay stations?

5. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    In NY ? You're f*cked. K-Rock was the last station. 89.5, WSOU from Seton hall is a good metal station. Other than that you have classic rock on 104.3. At least in NJ we have the Rat, WRAT 95.9. Sirius Satellite Radio is your friend. :)

6. damn, i want sirius now, heh

but yea, non pay only :)

my mp3 player has a radio in it and im searching stations that will more then likely play the new tool single

i went throug all the stations it allowed me too 80 - 108 and i found a couple nice ones but it was at 11pm so i dont know if anything is aired then but i was able to find a station that played chillipeppers

is k-rock is still around?

i'll check themout :)

damned sirius!! lol

thanks guys

7. buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    No they're 92 FREE FM, it's all talk now.

8. sirius is like havin your cd collection played. the repeats are far apart not like radio which plays the same 5 songs all day. i cant do without it. we went from s.c. to ohio and never changed the channel. 9 hours of buzzsaw and it didnt repeat a song. its a must have.

9. buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    I concur. I bought it for Stern, but would be thrilled with even just the music. there truely is something for everyone there, sometimes more than one channel.

10. If you like to listen to the radio on line try www.knac.com they play heavey music or try 97.7 htz fm they are pretty cool as well.

11. sirius rules!!! I too got it for Stern,but all the other stuff is great and easy to find because it's genre specific.they got rock,blues,world\latin\int.,jazz.all kinds of music,and talk too..even comedy if you need a good laugh..

12. Not a Sirius subscriber, but XM satellite radio.

For $155.88 per year ($12.99 per month) you will get any type of music you want 24/7. And a lot more!

Satellite radio is to broadcast radio what a jet airliner is to a camel caravan. ;)

Mike

13. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    +1. sirius is like a candy store. anything you want, you got. they even have a playboy radio station.....not that i have ever listened to it.

14. Always eager to get people to buy satellite radio, XM radio will soon have over 170 channels as opposed to Sirius' 125+ channels. Check them both out.

Here's XM's new line up: www.lineup.xmradio.com

Equal time: www.siriusradio.com

Mike

15. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Another vote for satellite. You will lose your patience for regular radio.

16. hey, thanks guys but as i stated before im looking for free rock radio stations that will more then likely play the new tool single on the 17th, cuz thats when it airs on american radio

after its available commercial, i wont care much for the radio so paying for it wont be needed :p

17. My fellow satellite radio listeners, I come to you today with a heavy heart.

The unspeakable will be happening soon: THERE'S GOING TO BE COMMERCIALS ON SOME OF THE MUSIC CHANNELS !!! :bawl: :spit:

If you click on the XM link I posted above, you'll see a small cm next to channels 11, 21, 22, 24, 161 and 173. (right hand column, second section down) At the very bottom of the screen it says that these channels will include commercials starting in May. (click on download new XM channel guide)

At least they're not touching the regular channels.

If XM is doing this, can Sirius be far behind?

:rollno:

I'm going to have a bowl of sad soup for lunch.

Mike

18. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Too bad you can't get 101 KROX in Austin, or 103.9 KCEX (I think that's their call letters) in College Station. They both play plenty of Tool.

I have to go get my oil changed and what-all, but when I get home, I'll find their web sites. I'm pretty sure they both have streaming broadcasts.

Cherie

19. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    http://www.101x.com/

http://www.1039.com/ (The link didn't work on this one, but I don't know if their server is down or what.)

Cherie