Rock songs that DON'T use the bottom string?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by lastminute, Mar 8, 2010.

1. lastminute

lastminute

Dec 25, 2007
    My bottom E-string is getting worn out at a faster rate in comparison to the other three strings....I'm looking to learn some rock songs that DON'T use the bottom string at all, or if they do, at the bare minimum. Could I get some suggestions?

2. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Worn out? I doubt it.

Rock needs that low E string. Enjoy!

As the saying goes, "It's not a bug, it's a feature."

Individual strings don't really wear out in the way you're referring to them. If you have a problem, use flats - they last for decades. And besides, it's extremely silly to consider playing different music because of perceived "wear" on a string. Strings are like kleenex, or like wiper blades on a car - they're a perishable item.

3. Blue Moose

Blue Moose

Oct 8, 2009
    Just repeat "Paperback Writer" a few dozen times a day. I never touch the low E on that one.

4. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    If you are worried about it, you can get single strings. Or play up an octive. Or not.

5. MooseLumps

MooseLumps

Nov 4, 2007
    Portland
    Learn to transpose and NO songs will ever use the e string again, if you so choose.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021