1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rock the bells

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by kserg, Aug 20, 2007.

1. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    So how many of ya going/went to that...

Was there on Saturday in SF, even though I've seen most bands playing before, it was damn awesome... I honestly went for The Roots and Wu-tang, Rage and everyone else was just icing on the cake. Everyone was awesome, only downside is that Hieroglyphics was on second stage. I would much rather see Hieroglyphics then public enemy. Scott Inn played one song with Public Enemy but they turned him down so much in mix, you could not hear him at all. Kinda stupid...

Roots were awesome as always. Wu-tang was much much better then last time I saw them... Wu-tang and almost everyone had live band with them and method man was great! I think out of all people there I was mostly impressed with Method man and his performance/entertainment he had crowd going though out the show... When he was performing with Redman he was standing on top of the crowd that was holding him up by his legs and going at it... Rest of time he was doing this:

Oh btw: EPMD, mos def, jedi mind tricks, cypress hill were awesome as well... I think bassist from System of a down joined cypress hill at one point, pretty cool...

2. mattpnolan

mattpnolan Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    I love Hieroglyphics. I would really like to see them. I'm also a really big fan of Jedi Mind Tricks.

I heard Wu-Tang is pretty lame now, but I didn't see them, so I"m just trusting a bandmate.

Anyway, I wish I could have seen it.

3. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Youtube video i posted is wu-tang... I thought they were good... Here is another one... They had people going, maybe not the best performers but very far from being lame...

Here is another clip from that show:

Videos of course don't do it justice...

I didn't see Hieroglyphic this time because I've seen it before and i never seen public enemy... Thought I'll always have a chance to see hiero again, Public Enemy is probebly last time... Eh, nothing special... Hiero would have been better...

Jedi mind trick I saw while in line and a little at the end, good as always... Oh and EPMD was good too...