1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

rockBAG by warwick!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by thehangingmist, Apr 21, 2010.

1. i couldnt figure out what forum to post this in, this looks like the closest but not quite! anywho i just wanted to say i got one of their gigbags and it was really much better than i expect! very solid zippers, shoulder straps and water proof material along with plenty of pockets. the padding on all sides is great and it has a strap pocket inside which serves as neck support where you can hold down the neck with a velcro strap. has a very solid feel to it. wouldnt mind traveling in the train and all with it. i have never seen a better gigbag for its price tag, it took a month to get it but i just wanted the best for my bass and it was worth it!
    totally recommended! :D i got a killer deal though i paid just about 27$ for the deluxe model

2. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Rockbag rocks?

3. :bassist:

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    For future reference, any general case/bag/strap threads go in the Misc. forum. Any case/bag/strap threads that are particular to a certain bass (ie What case for my Thunderbird?) goes in the Basses forum.

5. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Wow. You did good. I picked one up at a 1-day sale at GC about a year ago for $30.00. And yeah, it's a real nice bag. Especially for the price we paid for them!

6. Those are good bags. I have one with their pedalboard, and it works just fine.

7. alright!

yeah i got pretty nice deal

8. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    You can make it up to me by sending me a big vat of matar paneer.

9. I have two of these bags and yeah, they're nice! GC has them from time to time for around $30 or so but you usually have to ask for them, rather than them being out with the rest of the store-stock.

10. paneer gets bad real quick, if you come by around here i'll make sure you get the best!

11. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    I have the exact same bag (Rockbag deluxe) and it is as good as you say. Nice price you paid, too!

I used to be all about hard cases a while ago because I'd only ever seen or owned really crappy gig bags. But some of the gig bag fans on here got me thinking about trying a decent quality version, and now I rarely if ever use a hard case.

I did a gig last night at a venue where the backline is house gear - I put my bass in the bag, a few chord sheets, a strap and a cable in the pockets (one of the other pockets always has a spare set of strings, batteries, et cetera) and away I went. One hand carry! I love gigs like that. :D

12. yeah actually stuff costs even more here due to duties and shipping and all so i was pretty excited about the price i got. a hardcase is a pain when traveling locally in the public transport and all too

13. Jon Moody

Jon Moody Commercial User

Sep 9, 2007
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Manager of Brand Identity & Development, GHS Strings, Innovation Double Bass Strings, Rocktron
    I had an older version of the Rockbag many years ago, and wasn't impressed with it, due to many things. When I got my LX in November, it came with their Premium gigbag and I thought, "Oh great, another gigbag that will be completely destroyed within a year."

I was wrong. They really spent a lot of time retooling and revamping the gigbag. It's a solid gigbag that has a lot more protection/padding than what you'd think by just looking at it quickly. It's a solid case that I wouldn't have a problem taking it to gigs.

14. I'd still kinda-sorta like to find a good tweed case for my 004 (mostly for the mojo), but since my travelling w/an instrument ATM is limited to the back seat of my truck to and from my instructor, even the bags are almost a bit of overkill. Which doesn't mean that I don't appreciate having them, BTW...

15. asher286

asher286

Jun 17, 2013
    Hi! i just bough one of these Rockbags, model 20605 plus, for my Custom Fender Jazz Bass 64'. I was just wondering what do you use the bag within the neck brace?? It seems kinda useless to me, maybe for a little DIY extra padding?? I don't think it's a good idea storing anything in it as it may hurt the neck. Anyhow what do you use it for?? or what do you think it may be used for'??