RockBass Corvette vs ESP ec-304

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pereek, Oct 10, 2002.

1. hi. deciding on a new bass. i was wondering which you guys thought would be best.
    the Warwick RockBass Corvette Classic or the ESP ec-304
    links to both below:

also i was wondering what

means. i know it means active pickups but does it mean i could switch to passive if i wanted to?
  2. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Personally I'd suggest saving up a couple hundred bucks and getting a real Warwick Corvette on ebay. I got a new 5 string for only 740. 200 bucks more than the Rockbass price. If you decide with Warwick, I'd suggest that. I haven't played a RockBass, but from what I've read from the expierenced users on the forums, they've gotten mixed reviews. I love the Corvette. Sounds great. For a couple hundred extra, I think it's worth it to get the real German made ones.

edit: I"m stilla newb, but I'm pretty sure Switchable, MEC electronics means you can switch how much each pickup will do.

The Neck Pickup or the Bridge pickup. Turn the knob one way, you get more from the Neck PU, the other way you get more bridge PU.
  3. ok thanks. i dunno if i can get the money for a while, i don't have a job at the mo
  4. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Actually, a 4 String Corvette wouldn't even be that much more. I saw one recently have a buy it now of 535 or so.

I just bought a 5 stringer, which are more expensive. Keep an eye on ebay. You could probably find a 4 string 'Vette for a great deal.