rockin Ampeg BA-115!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Wes I AM, Jan 27, 2001.

1. Wes I AM

Wes I AM

May 27, 2000
    Tampa, FL
    hey you lunatics, I just came home with a new Ampeg BA-115 and I am lovin it! this Amp has got warm lows out the wazzu. I am very happy with this combo and i just thought i'd share with ya. anyone else own and love this amp? or hate it and have a reason why? later cats..
  2. Congrats.. I love my BA-115. The first time I played a low E it scared the crap out of me.. I was used to a Crate BX-15. When I first got it I must have spent an hour just playing a few low notes over and over while staring at it. I can't even remember what it was like before I had this amp.

Have you played it with the gain and master cranked yet? Wow. A guitarist friend of mine who is a big tube head was amazed when he first heard the BA-115 cranked.
  3. Wes I AM

Wes I AM

May 27, 2000
    Tampa, FL
    Exactly dude. when i first brought it home i just stood there for awhile just thumping low notes. i have been playing on a tiny Fender 15B practice amp! imagine that jump. When I finally started playing some 311 grooves (Do You Right, CUTM, All Mixed up) I couldnt get the smile off my face. the warmth just blows me away. I cranked the gain and mater once and it shook the whole f*ckin house. its amazing how well it handles my low A (low B string tuned down a step). how did i survive on that Fender 15B? i dont have a clue. laters bro.
  4. Cornbread

Jun 20, 2000
    Lawrence, Ma
    Congradulations, Wes. That amp can really pound out the lows. My only problem with it is the hissing, which you can read about in other posts. But I guess I got used to it. I played a gig in a large gym with 1000 people and it was apparently loud enough. I even got some comments that it was TOO loud! Have fun with it.
  5. Bernie

Dec 12, 1999
    Congrats!Myself and others have been raving about them here for some time now.Where have you been.Ampeg should be sending us commision checks for their sales.
  6. Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    i agree with you all i have the b2-r head hooked up to a swr goliath 2 4 x 10 and it's room shakin stuff.cornbread is right about that hissing sound you better have a very well shielded bass.and the price 5 bones new ain't bad.the e.q
    really works with my lakland ha.

[Edited by starr on 02-02-2001 at 11:30 PM]
  7. I've got the BA-115, and let me say, its wonderful. That has to be one of the nicer 1x15s around, great power for 100 watts too.. even though i'm having problems with my stingray currently, but with my fender P-bass.. it has a very warm sound, Fill's a room nicely and the tilt back feature is nice because the sound will go further with it tilted back, and if you are playing on the same level as the audience the sound will go straight to their heads if it's tilted. Congrats on the great amp.