Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rockin' the house

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Theonestarchild, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Wembley Stadium

8 vote(s)
    10.8%
  2. Madison Square Gardens

42 vote(s)
    56.8%
  3. Telstra Dome (Austrailia)

4 vote(s)
    5.4%
  4. Castle Donnington

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  5. Other (Please Specify)

15 vote(s)
    20.3%
  1. Theonestarchild

Theonestarchild Artfully lost

Aug 23, 2005
    North Carolina
    If you could play anywhere, with a sold out house, where would it be? I'd say Wembley, but let's hear your dream.

2. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Other:

Fenway Park (Boston Red Sox baseball stadium.) No doubt about it.

3. Central Park.

4. The stadium that Rush played at in the Rush in Rio DVD. 60000 Brazilians going nutso!!!!

5. The place where Rush played in Denver, Red Rocks. Looks nice...[​IMG]

6. Verison Wireless Theater, Deer Creek, Indiana. Not a huge venue, but its where I cought my first show (Phish, on thier last tour), so I think it would be cool to go back there and play a sold out show.

7. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    i said msg, but I don't really mean it in retrospect. I want to sell out Jones Beach and Nassau Collesium in one weekend in August. I want all the kids who want to see me play (if god willing i get there) to be able to see me and hear my music and soul.

And the sound sucks at MSG. And they're knocking it down before 2008.

8. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    Aloha Stadium in Honolulu, Hawaii. Why? Because Hawaii is a great place to live and play, and I wouldn't have to go too far for work... :cool:

9. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Fillmore East.

10. Ty_Boogie

Ty_Boogie Bass, A way of life

Sep 6, 2004
    The Bronx, NYC
    Madison Square Garden=Home Town

Filmore east is good too

11. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Yea, Deer Creek is a pretty nice venue.

For me, it would have been Market Square Arena in Indianapolis. Thats where I went to see my first real concert. Thats the biggest venue in my list and it doesn't even exist anymore. :crying:

I like places on the smaller side nowadays so... The Emerson in Indy (my first gig was there) or maybe CBGB's. Either one would be awesome for me. :bassist:

12. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I'd say Madison Square Garden simply because I'd rather play in America than Britain. That said, I'd also ahve chosen other if I could, I'd love to sell out the Budokan too..

13. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    it would be either the MCG; or castle slain.

14. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    Carnegie Hall, lol, it's not their style really, but it'd still be awesome. I actually have the chance to play there with my high school wind ensemble, but getting to play there with my bass would be even better.

Greg

15. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    MSG for sure

:cool:

16. It's interesting you say Wembley seeing as right now it doesn't exist (unless there's on in the US I don't know about). Here in the UK, for me it'd have to be the MEN Arena.

17. I have been lucky enough to play some pretty cool places so far...cbgb's 3x, l'amore -brooklyn 4x(back in the day), the original woodstock site(Yasgurs farm Bethel,NY-the same hallowed ground Jimi stood on) in '94 in front of 75,000 hippies,(Melanie played just before us), R.P.I feildhouse opening for Slayer and Testament.but the crown jewel for me was the Saratogs performing arts center because it's where I live and it's also the holy grail of venues here..we opened a show called "big day out"..played with a bunch of big name bands that was headlined by Stained...I guess playing MSG or Giants stadium would be tops on my list right now

18. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Whatever the "it" spot is in England. That way, I'd get paid in pounds! :hyper: :bag:

19. Theonestarchild

Theonestarchild Artfully lost

Aug 23, 2005
    North Carolina
    Sure it does. It's just not usable right now. And so many awesome concerts went on there. I'd have liked to play there before this big renovation thing though.

20. bassksun

bassksun Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Las Vegas,NV
    CBGB