Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rockin' The Mullet

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JWC, Nov 6, 2000.

1. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    If you've seen one mullet, you've seen em' all. Everytime I play a club, there will always be at least one mullet in the crowd. Why is it that all mullets are completely wasted at all times? I have never been to a concert or my own gig where I saw a mullet that was at least half way sober. Mullets are all disgusting drunks.

2. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    Now THIS...is a clear case of "mullet stereotyping"....:D

3. Man, all the best bass players in my town are black guys with mullets.. JUST KIDDING, JWC! ;)
    Seriously, as someone who used to have a mullet, I don't know what I was thinking. I wasn't exactly a disgusting drunk, but I would have expected someone to smack me just for having that haircut.

4. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    kinda funny, saw a guy i used to play drums for a week ago, he's about 37 and is sporting the mullet bigtime. he's a total burnout, kinda funny.

5. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    When our band played an outdoor mini-festival last year (which even included several national heavy metal acts from the 80s) the mullets made an impression on me....and no, not a very good one. There was a group of about 10 mullets sitting above us when we finished our set and headed out into the crowd. They drank beer non-stop from about noon until 11 p.m. that night when the festival ended. They were very loud and obnoxious with there bare, sunburnt chests and cut off jean shorts. In front of us were 2 severly drunken mullets. The cops threw them both out within the first 2 hours of the show. One for sneaking in a bottle of liquor. The other for public indecency. Toward the end of the show, a mullet came up to me telling me to "go tell them mother f*ckers to play some Dio before I whoop somebody's ass." Everything else he said was total nonsensical rambling. Later on, a cop took him out for being too drunk and rowdy. A few moments later 2 mullets were fighting eachother in the stands. They were removed too. Not too long after that I saw a cop chasing down another mullet throgh the crowd. Yet another mullet was removed for fondling this drunken woman in the crowd. I just don't get it. These guys are totally repulsive to the human race.

6. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    Man, I hate to "stereotype" anyone, but I gotta contribute this story!!!

This past Thursday, I did a stand in gig for a band whose bass player had to leave town at the last minute.
    During the second set a "mullet" came into the club, visibly intoxicated. Upon sitting down right in front of the band, he immediately started screaming that he wanted to hear Hendrix, Zeppelin, Sabbath, Skynyrd, Trower-blah-blah-blah. Of course, we ignored the idiot. During the set break, as we were sitting at the bar having a " soda ", the owner told us that since it was slow, we could call it a night. I went over and told the sound guy to pack it up.
    The " mullet " freaked out, threatened the sound guy to stop breaking down, and told us that if we didn't play one more set, he was going " kick serious a**!!!". We just sat there laughing, and told him that if he thought he could take us, he was welcomed to try!!!! But by this time, the club bouncer was on it. The " mullet " was dragged kicking and screaming out into the parking lot and told to take a hike.

I'm not saying that all "mullets" are obnoxious idiots, but geeeez!!! This guy musta been their King!!!! :D:D

7. LMAO! JWC, that is too funny. You paint a vivid picture.

8. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    The Mullets? is that a band like the Ramones? :D

Will C.:cool:

9. LOL!!! :D

10. pierce

pierce freethinker

May 25, 2000
    San Francisco, Ca
    i am actually starting to enjoy the fact that some people still wear "mullets". it USUALLY tells you up front ( or maybe thats up top) exactly the kind of person you are dealing with.

11. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Thanks, Dave...I needed that :D

12. thanks for the chuckle, every time a drunk knocks my monitor of the stage he has a mullet, and its always during roadhouse blues

jaco loved fried chicken

13. I still have the occasional jam with a guy I played in a band with about 7 years ago, he's a great guitar player and he has a studio in his basement. Anyway, he kinda lives out in the sticks a bit, and on Saturday nights there are usually about 10 people out there.. people from past bands, his co-workers, people he's collected over the years. At least 3-5 mullets every time. At least 2 Camaros in the driveway. (And the more-than-occasional racist comment, at which point I tune out.) It is redneckville defined. Usually a good jam though.

14. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    I am sure some mullets are ok guys.....ok I am lying....I doubt it. Mullets must find it their sole duty in life to get as drunk as possible whenever they can. I have never seen a mullet just starting to drink either for the night. They are always sloshed from the get go. Must be starting in the morning or afternoon I assume.