Rocks In My Cab??!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dean_CustomJazz, Apr 22, 2002.

1. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    I just recently got my swr goliath jr. II 210. When i pick the thing up, it sounds like there rocks or something in there or something. When the "rocks are all the way foward (behind the speakers) it makes a god awful rattle, even at dangerously LOW volumes. When i tilt the thing back (towards the ports) the roll back, and then it plays like a dream. My question is, what are these , mystery items, and how do i get them out!!
    (BTW this cab kicks bass)
  2. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    if there actually is something rattling around inside your cab just tilt your cab until it comes out the port. if that doesn't work, take off the grille and pop out the speakers.
  3. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    I took yr advice (sorta) I took off the handles, and shook it all out. You know what it was?
    Two year old Corn pops! they were swelled to about double their size, and hard as a rock. There was over fifty pieces! what the hell was this guy doing, feeding the damn thing?
  4. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    LOL! maybe he used the cab as a kitchen table? or maybe as a home for his hamster?

that's the goofiest thing i've ever heard!
  5. sounds like my son has been at your cab. So far to date I have pulled from my GK cabs the following.

Drum sticks (the wodden kind not chicken)

1 cable.

1 videotape

a small collection of small toy figurines.

The Corn pops could have added a cool sound I might have left them.
  6. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    the problem the corn pops were stuck to magnet vents, and on the speaker, so they rattled the crap out of the speakers. also, i found the foster horn wasnt working because of this. The Positive connection was blocked to the attenuator with, now thats its cleared up, i gut twice the twang!
    my question is, how the hell did a video tape get in there? did he mistake a slot port for a VCR?
  7. it was really funny he said he "wanted to record it like mommy records soap operas"
  8. this is one of the best threads i've seen in a while. heh heh, corn pops...
  9. Korn pop? Is that a new cross over band? Fieldy playing with N sync?
  10. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I used to leave my cab (ampeg BSE410HLF) at the lead singers house of my last band... that was until one of his cats tried to climb in the ports... I couldn't decide if I should stop laughing and stop the cat, or let him crawl in and then start playing...

I'm not that mean, I stopped the cat!

11. rockindoc

rockindoc Daily Lama

Jan 26, 2002
    Bonham, Tx
    Are you sure it wasn't Boo Radley?
  12. LOL, this really is a great thread. Corn Pops and recording soap operas. LOL.
  13. VicDamone

Jun 25, 2000
    Kay-E-Double L-O-Double G's. Sweet. Animal House bassist.
  14. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000

So far I've just found little spiders in there since it wasn't played for about 2 months when we were remodeling our house. I immediately took care of them with some extremely cranked lows on my 300T and 2x15.....the spiders splattered themself:D:D
  15. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW

Oh man! I laughed so hard when I read this! This thread rocks! :p
  16. Pre EB

Pre EB

Mar 15, 2002
    Denton, Tx
    Years ago, roaches infested an old acoustic cabinet that I had. I emptied half a can of Raid in it to kill those bastards. The house we rehearsed in was chock full of 'em and they nested in it. They got in my car as well when I hauled the thing in it. I'm the only person I know that set off a bug bomb in their car. It's a little freaky to feel them crawl up your leg as you drive!
  17. HighFlightMusic

Apr 22, 2002
    Without a camera to watching the cat it would have been a waste anyway. Try catnip once you get the camera! Oh wait, my cats watching me, I didn't say anything, honest!!! :D
  18. Great thread!

I found a pair of thong panties inside a JBL W-series bass bin that I was replacing the speaker in at a dance club! I've also seen dead mice and stuff, too....

Corn Pops, videotapes..... That's tremendous!
  19. Rickenbackerman

Apr 17, 2001
    Laurel MD
    A thong!!! HAHAHA Spacegoat!!!
  20. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA

A couple of months ago I was looking at a used GK 410 cab and while I was playing it it sounded kinda funny. I started to look it over and pulled a big bag of weed out of the slot port.

The owner explanied to me that this was not included.