Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rockstar energy drink

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mon Rominee, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Ok, ever the good consumer, always lured in by shiny packaging, I bought this concoction in an attempt to gain a little "clarity" at work, as I hadn't much sleep the nite before...

Anwho, the clincher was the tagline: "party like a rockstar"

Now, does that equate to retching from the over-sweet taste, and caffienated-robitussin aroma? I mean I've had red-bull as a mixxer, but never something like this straight.

Man, I can now say I've truly partied like a rockstar...still no clarity or focus inducing yet tho.... damn, my chair is comfortazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    I like the taste, took awhile to get used to though.

3. MAybe if I had a cold...

you're right, it's not so bad once you're halfway thru, but man, would I ever hate to drink this warm.

Still no kick. I'm sure it'll come all at once, if at all.

Ron

Big question tho, did you party like a Rockstar on it??? :bassist:

4. with energy drinks for me, there is no "kick" but just a lack of drowsiness that caffeinne was never able to subdue -- caffeine just made it hard to enter deep sleep.

also, by drinking this stuff you can party like a rockstar at night and still get energized and alert for work the next day. you're not supposed to party like a rockstar while drinking it.

robb.

5. Drat. ;)

6. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Yeah, there is never really a 'kick' to it. But after a night of drinking and having to go into work in the morning, it really helps speed up the recovery process. I would also say that is is NASTY warm. It's really sour.

7. Tastes just like redbull, only cheaper and you get a bigger can. I like.

8. I prefer Monster.

I dig the taste, after getting used to it.

9. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    My bro had a pretty good point, when will the lawsuits start. A lot of people I see who play b-ball or hockey drink that non stop durring the game... that got to be bad for the heart... real bad...

I am stock on this heart attack thing tonight, no idea why:/

However i dont mind drinking it once in a few when i am tired, rockstar doesnt taste too bad...

10. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    It's terrible for the heart. My dads a cardiologist and when he heard I was drinking red bull before I worked out for energy he got really pissed because it raises your heart beat already, so when you work out it can make so your heart skips beats and can mess up the rythm or something. wasn't really paying attention.. Kinda though . :-\

11. I usually drink those energy drink things before a play or something. Nothing I would be doing alot of physical motion for.

I drank a red bull before my date caus I was sleepy. :)

12. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA

I like the Low-Carb Monster, it's not as sweet.

13. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    :oops: must have been boring date:/

:D

14. Of course, TOY was there! :D JK!

I use creatine and glutamine for energy before I exercise. At work, barley sugar lollies seem to work really well for me.

Leigh

15. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    Sorry for diggin this thread up, but I tried some of this stuff last night..:eek: I drank a can of it at 7pm before band practice and I must say that it is ccrrrraaazy! I could not sleep at night 6 hours later...I have tried lots of different energy drinks and this was the only one that affected me in such a way.

16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I think the energy drink market is based on hype. As a person drinks the beverage, they are so stoked by the packaging and ideas of being buzzed that they subconsciously convince themself that the $4 they just dropped on a can of sugar water is giving them energy.

P.S...I am not a doctor, and none of my comments are supportd by scientific facts. :D

-Mike

17. fr0me0

fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
    Why not just drink coffee, or buy caffiene pills, hell I bet cocaine works out to being cheaper than those energy drinks.

18. flatwoundfender

flatwoundfender

Feb 24, 2005
    I prefer good old fashioned jolt.

19. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    I'm surprised that a few people thought this stuff is weak. First time I drank one I felt like a truck driver on speed. :eek:

Not that I'd know what that's like or anything.;)

20. [​IMG]

I wanna try this stuff. If only so I can pretend I'm anywhere near as cool as Steven Seagal.
    www.lightningdrink.com