Rockstar INXS House Band

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by GROOVEjunkie, Sep 15, 2005.

1. All I have to say is that the bassist from the house band has got to be sweating his nuggets off every night!!! The guy always wears a snow cap and sometimes a jacket, on stage, under those HOT TV lights!!!

I get uncomfortable just watching him!!

Oh, and they all jam, especially the drummer and lead guitarist. Backing vocals and harmonies are pretty righteous, too.

That's all.

2. NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    If he does not stop playing with his knobs, I'm going to beat him over the head with his Bass. :smug:
  3. Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    they all switch instruments way too much, I've seen the bassist play atleast 3 different stingrays alone
  4. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    to be fair, they play a pretty diverse setlist (within the rocknroll genre anyway) and last time i checked MMs aren't really the most versatil instruments. could be wrong though, never played a stingray specifically.
  5. realdeal

realdeal Banned

Dec 10, 2004
    That band is a CONSUMATE example of great playing!
    Nate on drums is one of the most solid players I've heard.
    Serge on bass can wear whatever he wants and play around with his knobs as much as he wants - That guy does a great job of playing what he's asked, as does the entire band-
    Pure professionals in every sense-
    As far as their changing instruments- Gibson and G-K etc.
    are listed in the credits as providers, so no doubt they're given an arsenal of instruments to display on screen.
    I've also read EB/MM touting that they furnish Serge.
    Why not? Millions see the gear, and I'm happy that they get to be "silent endorsers" by virtue of their outstanding chops as opposed to players with less than stellar skills, in a band with a hit record!
    The House Band is the only no BS aspect of "RockStar" for the most part.....
    (I don't mind checking Brooke out, tho!) :D
  6. yea... I usually hate "reality tv" as a rule... but I find it hard to hate that show... because the house band are awesome... and brooke burke is haaaaawt :eek:

7. I was watching one episode and I saw him playing a Yellow/Cream stingray with a brown(?) picguard most of the time and what looked to be a newer Les Paul bass, I saw him playing that when that one guy covered the Pink Floyd song.
  8. +1 :confused: :bag: