1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rockstar Supernova....Who is THAT!!??

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Fo' Shizzle, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Fo' Shizzle

Fo' Shizzle

Aug 28, 2003
    Tommy Lee's Rockstar Supernova debuted New Year's Eve in Vegas. It was televised on DirecTV's Nre Year's special. That played 5 or 6 tunes (it was OK, I guess) but that's not the point of this thread.

That was NOT Jason Newsted on bass. There were lingering close-ups of the other three band members and only fleeting glances of the mystery bassist. The band didn't address it from the stage and didn't mention it during the interview afterword ( the other three answered questions and the other guy stood off to the side). He wasn't introduced...... they didn't say," Jason's sick. Thanks to ________ for subbing".........

Has Jason bailed on this deal before they even got on the road? What's the deal? Anyone??????:confused:

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I'm no Newsted fan, but I heard that he hurt himself and could not play for a while. If the bassist was using an old Stingray, maybe it was that Russian guy who plays for Supernova during the TV season.

3. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
  4. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
  5. Sneckumhaw

Sneckumhaw

Apr 26, 2006
    Earth
    It's Johnny Colt from Black Crowes. Nice name, eh!

6. Fo' Shizzle

Fo' Shizzle

Aug 28, 2003
    Thanks, boys........

I'm familiar with Johnny Colt's fine work and that didn't appear to be him. I thought he was playing with Train.....

7. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Par for the course that those "stars" wouldn't acknowledge the bassist.:meh: :eyebrow:

8. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    I saw RS Supernova on the Jimmy Kimmel show last week and noticed that the bass player was not Newstead. I just googled Johnny Colt for a pic and confirmed that it was Colt playing bass for them on the Jimmy Kimmel show.