Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rocktron Heart Attack

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by NicJimBass, Apr 13, 2005.

1. NicJimBass

NicJimBass Is this thing on!? Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    Endorsing Artist: DR Strings, Source Audio, Hipshot
    Anyone use one of these? From the looks of it, it's Rocktron's take on the BassBalls. I ordered one today to fill out an order I placed online, so I'll find out soon enough, but what is the deal on this pedal? Can't find any user reviews.

2. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    All I know about this pedal is that it is new, should cost under $100.00 USD and has similar controls to a Bassballs. There is a review in the current Bass Guitar magazine, but it is fairly vague as to what the effect actually sounds like. The review was positive and they seemed to like it. It would be great if you could post a review when you get it. I'm sure many people are curious and I know Rocktron makes fine products. Good luck.

3. Yeah. A review would rock!

4. NicJimBass

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    Well, I just got the pedal last night, and I had an issue with the Dunlop DC-Brick I ordered (it arrived DOA- :crying: ), so I didn't get to play with it a whole lot, but what I did hear was pretty cool. I suspected it was basically a BassBalls clone, and i think I was right (I've played a BassBalls one time at S(c)am (c)Ash). It's like an envelope filter-lite.... I guess. I also have a Q-Tron and a Digitech Bass Synth Wah, both of which get pretty crazy, so for over-the-top envelope sounds, don't get the Heart Attack, but for a BassBalls-esque sound, (in a much smaller package, BTW) this is a pretty good choice.

5. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    Sweet. Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.

6. NicJimBass

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    Also, I think this was right around $59, so it's not too hard on the wallet.

7. RunBeerRun

RunBeerRun Banned

Mar 10, 2003
    Can anyone post a sound sample of the heart attack? There's yousendit.com if you dont have any space.

I have a Bassballs, love it, and this one says "phase shifting" as opposed to dual filters.