1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rocktron HUSH IICX RF bleed though.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Systolic, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Systolic

Systolic Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Madison,Wisconsin
    So I just built a rack setup and like it very much. I am, however, getting a lot of radio bleed though, after lots of dicking around, I figure out it's my Rocktron HUSH IICX.

I'm not sure what to do from here. Suggestions please?

2. Systolic

Systolic Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Madison,Wisconsin
    No one?

3. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Radio bleed typically means a ground (wire or solder joint) has gotten loose or faulty somewhere. Or occasionally it can be a faulty ground somewhere else in the rack, showing up in the one device via contact between the metal housing and the rack.

So one thing to try is pulling the unit from the rack and making sure it doesn't touch any other metal bits. If that "fixes" the problem, you can use non-conductive screws and washers to reattach it to the rack, and maybe put a couple strips of electrical tape where it would touch the other racked units.

If it still picks up radio when it's not in the rack, then you can try opening it up to see if there are any obvious loose wires or crumbly-looking solder.