1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rocktron Hypnotic Flange is here! (Audio!)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by KeithBMI, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Well, I guess I need to be the Rocktron dude here. I got a Hypnotic Flange for Christmas. Got to open it early due to a trip I'm taking.

Here are my initial impressions. First of all. There is a lot of tweakability. It's a large pedal, about the size of two Boss pedals. I've read that it's not suitable for "normal" flange sounds, but I found quite the opposite. It even has a blend for more subtle sounds. I haven't quite gotten some of the knobs down (manual, feedback...) but it only took me a few seconds to find the perfect sound. Maxing out the feedback is great for noise-smashing-guitar-allhellbreaksloose rock, and the Trance control is truley out of this world. On the more extreme setting, it really cuts off the note and brings it back. Like a sharp gate. So far, I'm really impressed. This thing can go from subtle to insane with a twist of a few knobs. Construction is top-notch as always, and Rocktron customer service can't be beat. Merry Christmas!

Here is the audio.

http://media.putfile.com/Rocktron-Flange-54

2. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    hey, nice!

#5 did kinda have me hypnotized... and then that low note you hit at the end woke me up, like snapping your fingers. [​IMG] :D

sounds good, congratulations!

3. Prahainspring

Prahainspring

Oct 22, 2002
    New Jersey
    I've got one of them too, excellent pedal. I've sorta crammed it into my rather small pedal board and it's a semi-large pedal but it's chock full of tones and sounds thick. Gotta love it.

4. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Holy....

I've been GASing for one of these bad boys... AND NOW YOU HAVE SOUNDS FOR MY EARS!!!

hahah thanks.. man oh man is that a sweet sound...

5. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    I think I made some comments regarding the non-traditional capabilities of the Hypnotic Flange. I just couldn't get it to do what I wanted. However, it is AWESOME at creating new tones and was a ton of fun to play around with. Judging by those sweet soundclips, you seem to have a firm grasp on dialing it in. Congrats on the find.

As a side note, those of you that haven't had a chance to check out some of Rocktron's offerings, they are surprisingly good sounding and very well built. KeithBMI speaks the truth.

6. Yup. Rocktron is great. I just wish they made a bass distortion with a blend. :bassist:

I updated my original post with some different samples that capture the sound better. This time I went through my Ampeg setup and mic'd it. The first one is clean, so don't let that confuse you. :D

7. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    so what's the demensions on the Hypnotc Flanger?

8. 6.5 x 5.5 x 2 inches.