Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rocktron Intellifex LTD, good choice?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dees, Jan 3, 2005.

1. hey, I've been looking for some effects and found a Rocktron Intellifex LTD second hand for 150 euro's. Unfortunately I have no experience with it. I know a guitarist who absolutely loves rocktron gear, but I never was able to try Rocktron.
    Any comments about this unit?
    I also would like to keep the clean sound of my amp sometimes, so does it has a bypass option? or can I just switch it off of it's connected through my effects loop?
    I don't know much about these effect processors, and would like to know more.
    Thanks in advance

2. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

I've been using one of these for years. It sounds great for bass, but the one thing I sometimes don't dig is the (relative lack of) dynamic range in bypass mode, or when used in series EFX mode. In my experience, it works a lot better in a parallel EFX loop. Not all amps have the same return sensitivity though, so you may not experience any problems at all.

Anyway, it does have a bypass switch, and if you set your EFX levels carefully, the volume can be the same in bypass mode as when the EFX are engaged. One of the nicest features is the seamless patch switching, which makes a MIDI switcher a very attractive option. If you add an expression pedal, that works great for wet/dry mix, and not as well for delay settings and the like, since you'll hear a lot of "zipper" noise as the digital frequency steps take place.

Anything else specifically you'd like to know?