Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rocktron Programmable Bass Preamp

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Giraffe, Aug 6, 2005.

1. I have a Rocktron Programmable Bass Preamp. This is a midi programmable preamp, but it can be easily operated as a stand-alone with a power amp. Most of the programming is done with knobs so the learning curve is pretty friendly.

Compressor
    Three bands of semi-parametric EQ
    Chorus, and it can be programmed to provide digital delay
    Input and output level controls
    LED clip indicator
    HUSH II noise reduction
    Thirty factory presets, and you can store 98 of your own patches.
    Footswitchable increment/decrement between patches
    Wet and dry outputs
    One rack space

This thing sounds great. It would be really useful for someone in a cover band, or any situation where you needed to change tones on the fly. I'll post some pictures soon. I'm getting simple in my old age, so I'm looking to convert to an Alembic or Demeter preamp. You can have this one for $230 shipped to the lower 48, or I'll give you this preamp plus/minus cash for an Alembic, Demeter, or something similiar.

2. I have reached a point in my relationship with my computer where I can't get the pictures up. E:mail if you are interested and I'll send them to you.

3. rhett

rhett

Dec 23, 2004
    Austin TX
    is this the blue thunder?

4. No, Rhett. This one is called the Programmable Bass. I think the Blue Thunder is more recent.

5. Bump with a lower price!