1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rocktron Tsunami

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Ryan Mohr, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    For those who have used this, how does it compare to other choruses you have owned? Also, is it analog and true-bypass, and if not true-bypass, how is the buffer?

2. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    IIRC it's not true bypass, and I've heard mixed opinions on the buffer. Doubt it's analog, but it's a possibility.

3. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    Thanks, I have been looking around and it seems as though it's analog, but nothing on the bypass. Any experience with the sound SpankyPants?

4. Jesus...

As for the bypass, Rocktron doesn't mention it, which means (in my book) it's not true bypass, otherwise they'd be trying to capitalise on that feature in the marketing blurb.

5. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    Yeah I saw that after I posted, sorry.

6. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    Buffered bypas AFAIK. I've done a review on the Deep Blue, which is very similiar. Clips in the data base and a review in the forum some where

7. Deep Blue review

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=6330924&q=hi&newref=1

the only real difference is the Tsunami has what Rocktron calls a delay....however i would call it more of a slapback as it is quite minimal....large foot print almost eqaul to 3 "Boss Style" pedals wide (that a lot of real estate) I played both recently and unless you just want the delay i would go with the Deep blue...at around $60.00 bucks it is hard to beat!

8. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    Are you sure it's the same chorus?

9. I love mine, the chorus is great. I just put mine of craigslist though because it takes up too much real estate on my board :(

10. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    IIRC...there have also been reported reliability issues with the Rocktron stomp boxes...and again...big footprint.

11. Stu L.

Stu L.

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    IMO and IME, the Deep Blue is the one to go with of the two. The sound is just better. I sold plenty when they first came out a few years ago. And Rocktron was always great to deal with, even when a pedal was out of warranty or when the damage was the customers fault. However, this was over two years ago, and things may have changed. YMMV, etc.