Rocky Horror Picture Show, Let's Do the Time Warp Again

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Gravedigger Dav, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Saw it and Liked it

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. Saw it but didn't like it

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. Didn't See it

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  4. I would rather have a carrot

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    Did you watch it?
    Did you like it?
    What do you think?

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    No.
    N/A.
    I hear about it, but never motivated enough to watch it.

-Mike

3. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    I watched it. Not too bad. It didn't seem too far off the mark from the original ( and I've seen it well over 200 times). However-----nobody but nobody but nobody will ever top Tim Curry's completely (but brilliant) over the top portrayal of Dr. Frank. He gave the character that Joan Collins/Mick Jagger thing that only someone of his caliber could attempt and get away with.

4. Datsgor

Datsgor Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2000
    I watched it. When I see updated versions of favorites like this, I have to act like the original doesn't exist so I can experience what is in front of me with an unbiased eye. Same thing with Willy Wonka... I thought last nights show was really good.

5. I watched it. It would have probably been better if I had not seen the original numerous times. A few parts, IMO, were better in the remake, but a lot of it was a poor imitation, or tribute, of the original. The new Riff Raff, while he is a very good singer, cannot touch Richard O'brien's vocal performance. Again, IMO.

6. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

Laverne Cox was trying too much to sound like Tim & he's British, while she clearly isn't, LOL!
    It was especially apparent when asking if Brad had any tattoos.

All in, not so bad, most of the cast was spot on, but Laverne,,,
    Her performance got better toward the end, but the stand-outs for me were Magenta & Riff Raff.

RIFF Raff plays a guitar in this one, how punny!

Coincidentally, Tim is from Cheshire, and I think he has a Cheshire cat grin:

[​IMG] cheshire-cat-grin.jpg

7. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
  8. My wife and I both hated it. It looked like a high school production with a big budget.
    Everyone (except Lavern Cox) was just trying too hard to be "campy". What made the original work was they pretty much played it straight. And, yes, I can prove that:

Also some horrible casting.

geeza likes this.
  9. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

I thought most of the actors copied the original performances pretty well = camp!
    even if the original campiness was unintentional

The whole reason the audience participation became a thing was due to the sheer kitsch of it all.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 25, 2022