1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Rodenberg 707B Clean Boost Pedal

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by Bassheart365, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Bassheart365

Bassheart365 Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Northern California
    "A good bassist determines the direction of any band." - Ron Carter
    Price:
    $150
    This is an awesome pedal. Provides a clean boost and a tube saturation like effect as well.
    $150 shipped within CONUSA

Rodenberg.jpg
    This pedal is used and praised by Stanley Clarke, Marcus Miller, and Victor Wooton, as seen in this link:

sound-video

Description:

DESCRIPTION:
    The GAS-707B NG is the Clean Boost pedal of the GAS family, optimized in the frequency range for electric bass. With the character of the GAS-808B NG pedal the GAS-707B NG has no distortion itself, but you can increase the output level of the guitar up to +20dB. The GAS-707B NG is more than just an output level boost, it can give your amp more life! An active tone control gives sparkling brilliance to the sound if needed.The Deep boost => toggle switch on the right side ON, pushes the LOW END, the overall sound stays defined without getting muddy. This pedal will give your amp a real kick, no matter if you play finger style or slapping bass, you will never switch the GAS-707B NG off. Perfect for boosting the amplifier sound without loosing or changing its natural characteristics. GAS-707B NG = 3D Sound = Come Alive!

SPECIAL FEATURES:
    • Clean Boost and Exiter => Come Alive!
    • Internal 18V DC operation for more (Output)-Level range and headroom
    • Tone control (active) and (Output-) Level control
    • +15dB level boost (Jewel LED green)
    • +20dB level boost (Jewel LED red) => toggle switch left side ON
    • Deep boost => toggle switch right side side ON
    • True bypass or silent switching mode (internal DIL switch)
    • Powered by an external standard 9 volts power adapter or battery => 20mA
    • Dimensions (L/T/H (inch)): 2.4 x 4.6 x 1.2 / Weight: 0.7 lbs
    • Top panel made of stainless steel - 3D effect
    • 100% hand-made in Germany!

neptoon likes this.
  2. Stanley Clarke's favorite pedal! Looks like a slightly different design on the front than other ones I've seen. Do you know how old it is?

3. neptoon

neptoon Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2000
    Vero Beach, FL
    I've been researching these, and they seem really interesting...looking at one of these or a spark, or something like that...this is one of the newer ones, if I'm not mistaken...the older one had one boost level and the left switch would somewhat dim the green light...this one shifts between +15 and +20 dB....

4. I think you're right. The other one does not shift from green to red.

The green light can warn passing ships, but you can always dim with tape if you don't like the laser light show.

neptoon likes this.
  5. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    Vero Beach, FL
    I was watching dave hollingworth demo this pedal and he made the comment about how bright the green light is :D it just seems like a magic tone box, despite the flood of green

Joe Ty likes this.
  6. If you buy it let me know how it works out. If another pedal gets delivered anytime soon my wife might hit me upside the head with it. :)

neptoon likes this.
  7. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    Vero Beach, FL
    Will do, me, too...as soon as my supporting membership goes through that I paid for yesterday, I'm putting a few up to fund some new ones, hence snooping around this thread, super interested in a rodenberg 707

Joe Ty likes this.
  8. Bassheart365

Oct 19, 2014
    Northern California
    This is the latest version. I purchased it new from Rodenberg a couple of years ago. As far as I know the circuitry is the same. This might have an extra switch for tone though.

Joe Ty likes this.
  9. Can I ask why you're selling it?

10. Bassheart365

Oct 19, 2014
    Northern California
    Because I just bought the "nano" version of this to save pedal board real estate.

Joe Ty likes this.
  11. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    Vero Beach, FL
    same circuit/sound in a smaller pedal? that's pretty cool...ever try any other boost circuits?

12. Bassheart365

Oct 19, 2014
    Northern California
    Are you interested in purchasing this?

13. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    Vero Beach, FL
    I am, but I don't have permission yet - I'm researching this and a couple of other boosts, but this is the one that has the most of my attention...I was curious if you've A/B'd with anything else...you're replacing it with a smaller version of the same, so that says a lot, too...thanks

14. gsquare

gsquare Pedal Breeders' BIGBoardClub#104;CabronitaClub#8 Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Phoenix
    I have one of these, all I can say is that it sparkles like crazy, adds a whole new dimension to your sound. It's pretty awesome!

arrowsun likes this.
  15. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    Vero Beach, FL

alright, man, can't take it anymore...if you've still got it, I'm on it

16. Bassheart365

Oct 19, 2014
    Northern California
    It's yours! Please PM me