"Rodney Dangerfield's" Bass Amp For SALE

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Hawkeye, May 2, 2005.

1. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Canuck Amateur

The Peavey Deltabass is the Rodney Dangerfield of bass heads because.... wait for it.....

It Don't Get No Respect!!

Yeah! Peavey!! I have a 2.5 yr. old Deltabass and it's a fantastic compact and light weight amplifier. 100w @ 8 ohms, 160w @ 4 ohms. Cosmetically is 9/10 and functionally 100%. It is my current backup amp, sitting in my basement since last October when I got my Ampeg SVT 3 Pro. It really should get used.

The Deltabass is the Swiss Army knife of compact bass heads. It has comprehensive rotary EQ with parametric mid control, contour control, DI out with pre or post EQ setting, Effects loop, buffered tuner output, The unit is mechanically and electrically very quiet (no fan & no hiss or hum) and plays surprisingly loud with a 4 ohm cab.

I've only used it at home and in our church's worship team so I would say that it has pretty much been babied.

It may not have enough grunt to go up against your guitarist's Marshall half-stack, but will more than hold its own vs. any 40-50 watt guitar combo-amp.

I only ever used it at 5/5 along with our very enthusiastic drummer and our guitarists' 40 watt Peavey Artist combo, and I was asked a few times to turn down.

The Max 160 (same amp, updated faceplate) sells for $319 @ Musiciansfriend.

First $140.00 USF plus shipping takes it. Figure 25 lbs. from Guelph, Ontario Canada N1H 1C5. No charge for packing.
  2. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Canuck Amateur

Bump for a great bass head. I'll throw in a bag of chips and make it a combo!
  3. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Canuck Amateur

Just to prove I can cut and paste from the manufacturer's website with the best of them, here are a bunch of specs to make you go OOOH, and AHHH!

160 watts @ four ohms /110 watts @ eight ohms
    3-band EQ with semi-parametric mid (shift and level)
    Thermal, overcurrent, and DC crowbar protection
    DDT® speaker protection circuit with defeat switch
    Electronically balanced low-noise XLR output
    Instrument level tuner output
    Post EQ effect loop
    5-year extended warranty << Not offered, but it's Peavey, you won't need it!
  4. Lower wattage peavey amps like these maky excellent practice amps. I have a peavey sessionbass and putting ~120 watts into an inefficient 112 it is still plenty loud for practice, and I'd imagine for small gigs. Someone pick this up, $140 is practically no money for a solid practice head that will be reliable forever (because it's from peavey.) I'd pick it up myself, but as I mentioned, I've already got a similarly powered head.
  5. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Canuck Amateur

Very wise words. Now THIS guy knows what he's talking about.

I would also add: depending on the gig, they make exceptional live amps too because of all the facilities, outs, EQ options etc.
  6. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Canuck Amateur

Final Bump before this amp goes to the local music store to be sold on consignment. You can lead a horse to water......
  7. AW!! my perfect bass head...

Unless you wanna have a payment plan over the summer...

8. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Canuck Amateur

It's gone! I sold it to a Peavey dealer for more than I was asking from you guys. Maybe next time.