Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PeaveyTNT, Aug 7, 2002.

1. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    This is quite ODD!!!

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha aha ha aha haha ha..... that is funny... bootsy collins limited edition bass... looks like something toad off of super mario wopuld play....yet, it is awsome looking...
  2. jade

Mar 8, 2002
  3. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    so do i.......but it is odd.
  4. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX
    It sure looks funky... and:
    Blegh! I couldn't imagine paying half, or even half of that half for it! :rolleyes:

I really don't like it :D
  5. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    Sofa King- we have a band - an alter ego fo our show band in Vegas- we are called the Sofa Kings- too cool!
  6. slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
    By my count, that thing is missing about 3 Jazz pickups... lol
  7. DanGouge

May 25, 2000

I'm sure you could use the same off-the-shelf PU's, bridge, tuners and get Warmoth or whoever to do a custom neck and body for a fraction of that price...
  8. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I don't know what the hell Washburn has to do with Bootsy's Space Basses because Bootsy's were custom made. Plus Washburn has some real garbage made in Timbuktu to be offering a bass that expensive. The spec's don't even match up with Bootsy's stuff.

But, if Bootsy is playing the thing, I don't care if it looks like the one below because he will put your hips on a trip, make your backbone groan, and stun your buns -

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Yeah, but that's Washburn USA Custom Shop material. They have turned out some top shelf stuff over the years. But like slowburnaz said, it's missing a few pickups!:p
  10. Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    That looks neato. I would be scared of stabing my leg.
  11. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    You'll poke your eye out young man:eek:
  12. If I ever saw some dude playing that thing, other than Bootsy himself, I would just laugh my self silly. What kind of person would get suckered into paying that much for a bass that would only make them look so wanna-be silly?
  13. uglybassplayer

Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    Ok Jeff, what's up with the SouthPark avatar? First JT, and now you... :D ?

- Frank.
  14. Mark Gollihur

Mark Gollihur Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 19, 2000
    Gloucester County, NJ
    Owner/President, Gollihur Music LLC
    Check out this track, then...

"Your Sofa Kingdom"
  15. Agreed. Luckily, Washburn will only make 100 pieces of that bass. Smart move,
  16. I thought it had three pickups... hmmm
  17. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Hey man, for half of that price, I'll grow the friggin' tree, saw it into a star shape and MAKE one of these things for you! ;) :p :D

While I have nothing against Washburn (although I would not buy one), $4500.00 for ANYTHING with the Washburn name on it, no matter how limited, seems ridiculous. Sort of like the $3000.00 Aria Pro II I once saw.
  18. The sites pretty good though, shall we all have a comp who can make the best custom guitar not with all the electrics but the body, wood, finish etc...or is that just asilly idea
  19. just_a_poser

Apr 20, 2002
    I think it's ugly...but if I could get one for dirt cheap I'd take it and then over price it and sell it off again! :D