SOLD Roger Bass R Bass DC Custom walnut/ash PRICE DROP

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by FilCo, Sep 6, 2016.

1. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    Price:
    $2600
    Strings:
    Hey everyone. I have an opportunity to buy a Ritter that I really like. As you may know, Ritter's reside in the penthouse of bass prices. In an effort to raise the required funds, I am listing my recently acquired Roger Bass DC custom 5 string.

This is a truly beautiful instrument, especially to those who prefer more subtle wood choices. This one features an ash body, with a walnut top, and what appears to me to be a mahogany veneer between them. The neck is maple, with a really finely grained pau ferro fingerboard. The pickups are Nordstrand NJ5 models, paired with a Nordstrand preamp. The hardware is from Hipshot. It is a 34 inch scale.

There is some minor slap wear near the lower horn. Other than that, this bass is pretty much mint. It is my understanding that Ray builds these basses entirely by hand. You can see, feel, and hear the attention to detail that he invests in his instruments. He is certainly a master luthier, and deserves to be on the short list of world-class bass builders.

$2600, shipped. Price includes a case as well. I always consider trade offers if you want to make one, however I am pretty set on buying the Ritter I have found. Send me a message if you have something in mind. Please contact me with any questions. Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    Ace Of Bass and Lovep like this.
  2. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    VERY nice, what's the string spacing and nut width?

3. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    20mm at the bridge, and the nut is 45mm or 1 3/4 inch.

4. GeeBass

GeeBass Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2004
    North/Central NJ
    What is the weight?
    Any fretting-out or high fret issues anywhere on the neck?
    Are you certain that it is 20mm - and not 19mm Fender-style spacing?

5. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    It is about 9.5 pounds. I don't experience any high frets on it. The string spacing is adjustable. Right now, there is about 78mm between the B and G strings, and it is set up with close to 20mm between the low strings and a little tighter on the higher strings, kind of like Ritters. You could adjust it to 19mm if you wanted to.

6. drgroove111

drgroove111 Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2010
    beautiful

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021