Roger Corman Flicks?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by P. Aaron, Oct 8, 2002.

1. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

What is your favorite cheezy movie??

"Bucket of Blood" "Little Shop of Horrors" (original B&W) American International SCI-FI. Karloff, Price.
    Let's hear 'em, or am I the only one left?
  2. Anything on Mystery Science Theater 3000, of which Corman has had a few.

oh, and any Hammer film - especially the Dr. Phibes series with Vincent Price.
  3. P. Aaron

Did you ever see Vincent Price in "The Conquerer Worm"? A very off witch trials kindo' flick.
  4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Ed Woods movies! Plan 9 is the best worst movie ever. And anything with a giant gorilla or lizard.
  5. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    You got that right! :D
  6. Masque of the Red Death, every time.

You even get to see Jane Asher naked (well almost)
  7. RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Death Race 2000 anyone?

8. mmm yes, excellent!

How about The Warriors?
  9. P. Aaron

"The Brain from Planet Arous" with John Agar.
    "Bucket of Blood" by Roger Corman
    "The Tingler" with Vincent Price
    "Dementia 17" I think a Roger Corman
    "Creature from The Black Lagoon" in 3D.
    "The Thing with 2 Heads" with Rosie Greer
    "Vampire Men of the Lost Planet" SOOOO CHEEEZY! The smoke from the spaceship rises when flying in outer space!
  10. Jefenator

Aug 22, 2008
    FWIW I just watched Creature From The Haunted Sea and laughed harder than I have at any of Will Ferrell's movies.

Ditto, Little Shop Of Horrors. ("Starring Jack Nicholson" my a$$! :D That's OK, the small part he did play was worth the price of admission. And the plant made me laugh.)
  11. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Of Rogers stuff it's:
    Death Race 2000
    and Unholy Rollers

Both feature Claudia Jennings one of my earliest playmate crushes, nuff said.:bag:
  12. JimB52

JimB52 User Gold Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    I worked on a Corman film years ago - 'Streetwalkin', starring Melissa Leo, Julie Newmar and Antonio Fargas.
    I have a polaroid picture of Julie in her streetwalking costume (Red bustier, panties garter belt, stockings and heels) She was very nice, but kind of nuts.
    I spent a few hours talking to Roger one night, and he is a very sophisticated, urbane man, not really what you'd expect.
  13. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    Ha ha, I always love that! A sure sign of maximum cheese!
    Vincent Price was a genius. No one else can make me laugh and shiver at the same time!
    King Kong vs Godzilla, baby! I was just watching the original Godzilla with Raymond Burr on a 20-year-old VHS tape last week. He was Steve Martin before Steve Martin was Steve Martin!

I miss the Movies Til Dawn channel that they used to have in L.A. They used to show all those great old movies...
  14. P. Aaron

I love the total bad-ness of these kinds of flicks. There's no heavy trips, or even heavy-brutal horror. It's more or less a laugh at the whole thing. Thank goodness Amazon has a few of these available.

Sort of like that POP song one likes but is shy about admitting it?
  15. Jefenator

Aug 22, 2008
    I never get tired of hearing Shatner's Lucy And The Sky With Diamonds or Nimoy singing If I Had A Hammer. :D