Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roger from Less Than Jake

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Snafu, Jul 20, 2001.

1. Snafu

Snafu Guest

Jul 20, 2001
    Bradenton,Florida
    Hey i was wondering if anybody knew what basses/amps/strings or picks Roger from the ska band Less Than Jake uses.I love his tone it is really punchy.if you have anything to say about his playing,that is cool too. Thanx

2. I'm pretty sure he plays an Ernie Ball Stingray through an Ampeg SVT and an 8x10 cab.

I really dig his playing.

3. Snafu

Snafu Guest

Jul 20, 2001
    Bradenton,Florida
    thanx a lot,have you seen them live?

4. Don't know about his setup or anything, but I saw them live in London a few months ago, they rocked, and roger is just the dude, he plays, he sings he dances. Is there anything he can't do?

5. I haven't seen them live yet but I will this Thursday at teh Warped tour!! Wahooo!!!!!!!!!

6. Snafu

Snafu Guest

Jul 20, 2001
    Bradenton,Florida
    Thanx a lot to all the people that replied.I am going to see them play at the warped tour in 6 days,i can't wait,is Less Than Jake a good live band?I bet they are but i haven't seen their show yet.

7. Brilliant live band, great music, loads of onstage antics and Rogers Dreds. They talk to the crowd a lot and really involve them (my mate was picked to have the best hair and won a massive banner) and that skeleton guy that jumps around a lot. They rock.

8. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Roger's great! I saw them live a little while ago. Even better, I was in the pit with Roger at a show I was at just two or three months ago. I guess punk guys like ot go to punk shows on their time off.

9. By The Way if any of you guys could do me or find me a tab for 'look what happened' of their Borders and Boundaries Album I'd be very much appreciative.

10. Snafu

Snafu Guest

Jul 20, 2001
    Bradenton,Florida
    i am gonna see him tommarrow at the warped tour!i can't wait.thanx everybody.

11. Have fun, I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I did. (It Rocked!)

12. Snafu

Snafu Guest

Jul 20, 2001
    Bradenton,Florida
    I just went to the warped tour! Roger and the band were the best ,i took 4 pics of them.Roger sounds just as good if not better live then on their cd's!and you guys were right,he played a red stingray and had Ampeg cabs and heads.i wonder how long it took him to grow his dreds so long,wow.they were really funny too,the horn section was crazy and chris and roger joked around too.i can't wait till they come to my city again.