Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roger Mayer VooDoo Vibe

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TribalisticBass, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Has anyone used one of these things. VooDoo Vibe- newer updated version of uni-vibe. I saw one on e-bay, very pricey, just wondering is it as good as it sounds. Fully analogue, I might add. Not sure I can acctually afford it, already streched on a new amp, just wondering how it sounds on a bass.

2. guess that no one has tryed this thing.

3. endlessbassic

endlessbassic

Dec 23, 2004
    In short, they sound great for bass (and extra-great on elec. piano!).. if it's a trem/vibe/chorus thing you're after. There's no noticable low-end cut when active, and it's true-bypass. Plus, if i'm recalling correctly, there's an active splitter, so you can run two amps. The tremelo in particular is fantastic; will go very slow, if memory serves.
    Very expensive, yes, but i could see it being the last pedal of it's type i'd ever need (i've seen them used for around $200).

I have an RM VooDoo Bass pedal that runs the show, and has held up very well after years of use.. Hope that helps.

4. very cool. I could try to pick one of these things up, in the very distant future. man I hate being broke.