Roger Waters son joins the Ozric Tentacles!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Muzique Fann, Jul 8, 2004.

1. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    If anybody cares...

Two nights into its rare stateside tour, the Ozric Tentacles played for Roger Waters, who attended last night's performance at BB King's Blues Club. Bridging 1970s progressive psychedlia and modern, electronic beats, the British psychedelic rockers recently kick-started a string of July dates with new keyboardist Hal Waters, son of the Pink Floyd icon. Dipping down south, the Ozric Tentacles will take its club show into the open air tomorrow, closing out the first night of West Virginia's All Good Festival. Scheduled to take the stage at 2AM, the Ozric Tentacles cap off a day-long bill that also includes Keller Williams, Steve Kimock and Reid Genauer and the Assembly of Dust. A trio of supergroups will also play All Good's first evening: Stockholm Syndrome, featuring Dave Schools and Jerry Joseph, the recently reunited Greyboy Allstars, which launched the careers of Karl Denson and Robert Walters, and Deep Fried, which is comprised of George Porter Jr., Matt Abts, Johnny Neal and Brian Stoltz.

This weekend The Disco Biscuits will also make its only July appearance, bridging Saturday and Sunday's All Good Festival lineups with a set stretching from 2-5AM. The Disco Biscuits, which cite the Ozric Tentacles as an influence, brought the British rockers stateside four years ago for an infamous performance at Athens, GA's Georgia Theater. Medeski, Martin and Wood, Leftover Salmon, Burning Spear, Umphrey's McGee, ekoostik hookah and a Jon Fishman-augmented Jazz Mandolin Project round out the festival's roster.
  2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Ozric Tentacles rulez. They are playing here on July 25. Too bad I will be at the Dallas GTG at the time.
  3. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Um, Hal Waters playing with the Ozric Tentacles is the moral of the story...
  4. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Ozric are a great band!!

They'll be here in Denver on 7/15. After missing Rush and knowing that I'll miss Yes, I'm really hoping to make this show.
  5. Wow I thought I was alone ! Im deffinatley going to be there at the San Fransisco gig. I guess Ed fired Seawead if Roger Waters son is playing keyboards. Do you know who the bass player is going to be ?