Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rogue 4x10 200watt Cab... Good Buy?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nuttboy311, Jun 2, 2002.

1. HELP!!! I have found a Rogue 4x10 cab but it is only 200 watts. The kicker is that it is only $300 and that is in my price range since I am just starting to establish myself in a band because my combo will never cut it. Is this a good buy or no?

2. Sorry, i know i know i put this in the wrong forum. I am new, so dont like chew my ass for it.

3. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    DO NOT BUY IT.

all rougue equipment is well.... a giant hunk o somethin outta an elephants butt. in all honesty there are much better deals for the beginner on a budget. take a look at the avatar delta 410 cab. its cheaper, and has american made eminence speakers. talkbass user quadzilla has one and loves it. otherwise, go look at used equipment. just please dont buy the rogue, you will regret it as soon as you play through anything else.

4. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    There is this very simple rule that almost goes for everything in this world: "You get what you pay for". ;)

5. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    not true!
    just look around for a deal.
    i found my crate 410 in a pawn shop for $180!
    and it sounds great!!

steve

6. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Well, of course that statement doesn't go for used gear! I didn't think I'd have to point that out.

7. It IS true. For $180, you got a Crate.

8. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    for the price it is great.
    i hope to have a full trace elliot stack this year

steve

9. PBFACTOR

PBFACTOR Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2001
    Boise, ID
    check out avatar before you buy any inexpensive cabinet. for the money, they're great.

10. I kind of figured that it was not going to be a good buy, but I just wanted to bounce the idea for feedback. Thank you very much for your suggestions. Oh, and to make the argument, I purchased a brand new Schecter Elite-5 for $340. And just to brag, since this is the only piece that I own that is worth it, my neighbor is the owner of Line 6, so I got a Bass pod for free.

11. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    your neighbor owns line6!! :eek:
    can i get a bass pod on a discount?
    or free? please!!!

steve

12. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    $300? You could get a used Eden D-210XLT for that, and it'll sound 1000% better than any Rogue.

13. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    "Buy something cheap, get something cheap."

14. That Avatar 410 is very very appealing. Thank you very much you guys, you have really helped! Anyways, I would love to to give you all PODs, but my family and his are good friends and I would hate to take advantage of him. And low price doesn't always mean cheap quality...

15. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Off to Amps.....................................................