Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rogue Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bazzist, Feb 16, 2003.

1. Bazzist

Bazzist

Dec 7, 2002
    Nova Scotia
  2. ESP-LTD

ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Idaho
    I have never played thru one, but Rogue is generally an inexpensive product so I wouldn't expect miracles. IMO:

1. Probably about average. The ports seem a bit small for a 15" speaker but the cabinet is small as well, which is typical for a combo.

2. Probably quite a bit; that's pretty easy to do.

3. Probably; that's not uncommon in a small combo.

Basically, you are getting a very good price; you could probably turn around within a year and get most of your money back if you need to trade up. You have very little to lose.

3. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Terrible amp.

I bought one for my high school band, and it was total crap.

1) That amp doenst even handle the A very well. Forget about the E and B.

2) The pre-amp knobs effect is kinda hardto tell since it just sounded bad all the time. See #3.

3) Distorts when turned low! I could barely get any sound out of it without bad distortion. Messing with the preamp controls just changed the sound of the distortion, but never in a good way.

Oh, and within a month it developed a problem with the fuses that they would blow imediately when the amp was turned on. It was barely even played surring that time since it sounded worst than the bands 30watt 10 inch speaker crate amp.

Im not just trashing this amp for no reason, im just doing it so that you dont buy something you will regret. It is better to get a smaller amp for less than that one, or just same up more for one that is a similar size.

Peace
    Nick

4. ESP-LTD

ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Idaho
    Based on the previous post, I could be wrong. It doesn't sound very "positive" and he has played one.

5. Bazzist

Bazzist

Dec 7, 2002
    Nova Scotia
    i think ill spend extra money and get the 100 watt carvin with 10 inch speaker or the 120 watt behringer any info would be helpfull thx

6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I know my post was really harsh, but it was meant to serve the purpose I believe it did.

Its a warning.

That was a solid $200 down the drain for my school.

Ive heard good things about Behringer.

Peace
    Nick

7. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    It's $200 down the drain PERIOD.

8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Actually it was more like $75 for the school, $125 for my dad.

He makes a lot of donations to the school and put in $125 for that amp specifically.

I tried to get the school and my dad to agree to pay more since that wouldnt even come close to filling the needs. They just dont understand.

Peace
    Nick

9. Hey whats up man,
    My name is nick,
    That was the first amp I bought, I like it. lol. Even though it is 120 watts, it plays well, I think it has great sound for how much it is. It gets rather loud so, I would say if you don't have a lot of money to spend on a half stack, I would say buy it. Cuz for as long as I have had it, I have been very happy w/ it.
    Well cya.

10. PollyBass
    I hate you forever cuz you have an icon w/ Tetsuo on it.

11. i would take ten million crate bx100's over that thing.

12. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    i don't know about that amp, but i've played a 50 watt rogue combo, and it was actually to my suprise nice. i played a jazz through it, and it sounded nice till you turned it up to about 7. it did distort after that though. for the price, it was nice though. i don't know if it's the same for all rogues though, or if this was just a fluke.