Rogue Amps and ebay question(s)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ace123, Nov 29, 2003.

1. Ace123

Sep 25, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    How are Rogue Bass amps? I'm looking for like a 120 watter. I play jazz, rock, funk, everything. I'm just wondering if they are any good to be spending money on because they are cheap on ebay.

Here's the ebay site

It says on this auction "This amp works perfect..!! It too is a dealer blem.
    This one also has minor cab issues. But that's why it's a BLEM!
    There are a couple of small scuffs and dents in the tolex (covering) and corner protectors.
    None of this affects its' playing ability
    I played a Venson bass through it and it sounds EXCELLENT!"

What does "minor cab issues" mean? Will it (despite what the seller says) affect the tone or the amp at all? Please let me know cause this seems like a good deal.
    Thanks in advance.
  2. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    just stay away from not buy anything made by them, especially from ebay. shoddy construction, cheap speakers, cheap electronics, everything. however, if you want something cheap, useless, and good for nothing, go for it!

honestly though, rogue gear is the stuff you buy in a beginners pack, and it dies after 3 weeks of playing, save a few more bucks, and buy something remotley decent.
  3. Ace123

Sep 25, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    Well thanks for the response kirby. They did seem almost "too cheap".

Anyone else have any opnions on them?
  4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

You never get something for nothing - you get what you pay for!!

If soemthing seems too cheap - then it's pretty obvious why! :meh:
  5. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Rogue sucks. End of story.
  6. I hear that, what ever you do, don't buy rogue amps. Although Paul McCartney plays the Rogue Violin bass,I still wouldn't buy anything from them!
  7. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    If you want a cheap setup with good performance, try a used head from Peavey, Hartke, Yorkville, et al., with an Avatar cabinet (or a used cab from another maker, if you find a good deal).

Paul McCartney does not play the Rogue Violin bass. He plays a Hofner, which the Rogue is a knockoff of.
  8. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    He played a hofner, moron.
  9. Ouch. So he made a mistake. Name-calling is not good...
  10. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    I'm sorry, but anybody who thinks Rogue existed back in the 1960s needs to be slapped silly.

And that is the extent of my knowledge of beatles trivia. :oops:
  11. well, when i started out, i had a rogue amp, 20 watt. it sounds terrible, but it still works to date. yay cheapos!:D
  12. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I have a 50 watt rogue amp. I bought it used for 25 bucks. Very little tone for bass, but not bad for my electronic drums. The keyboard player uses it when we rehearse at my house. I have had it for 18 months with no problems.
  13. Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Peavey and Crate are both good for smaller amps. Look them up.
  14. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Peavey yes. Crate no.