1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rogue bass fun

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by DougP, May 4, 2006.

1. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    so, i am thinking about buying a couple of these really cheap Rogues for $90 to practice doing fret levelling and finishing.

does anyone know of a source where i can get even cheaper basses to practice on?

additionally, some of these reviews are absolutely hilarious:

http://www.harmony-central.com/Bass/Data4/Rogue/SX100B-1.html

2. Giel

Giel

Sep 9, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Dude, that anonymous review almost made me piss my pants..
    Reading this, you propably can't go wrong whit these rogue basses to practice that kind of stuff ;)

3. Fasoldt Basses

Fasoldt Basses

Mar 22, 2005
    Stevens Point, WI
    Karl Thompson, Builder (Formerly Fat Karl)
    :eek: :rollno: :scowl: :eyebrow: :crying: :confused: :bawl: :ninja: :rolleyes:
    All of these smilies are appropriate! :eek:

So, go get 'em, tiger. :D

4. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    It felt like my IQ droped a few notches after reading that review.

5. "i love everything about it, it is bettter than a musicman stinggay and a fender pee pee bass or a fender azz bass or a rickensucker or a gibson thunderturd, this is a rogue and nothing will stop it when it plays not even god" !!!!!!!!
    hAHAHAHAHAHAHA

6. i love the amazing features
    "it came with a box, a cardboard box"

7. Well, I havnt gotten to the review page yet (awaits me in a new tab, though) so I cant comment on it yet... However, if youd like to try on something cheaper or of lesser price, SX's seem pretty popular, especially if you dig that Fender 'copy' style of basses.

www.rondomusic.net.

-Ryan.

8. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    If you are going to spend about that much, why not buy an Essex, because they are still good basses when you sucessfully experiment.

9. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH

+25

that review was hilarious.

10. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i have had SX's in my mind also. They have the advantage that if i wanted to sell them (assuming i dont screw them up) if i wanted to. i dont know of anyone who would actually buy a Rogue bass.

i was thinking maybe i could tweak three or four of them and make them play really nice and then turn around and sell them for what i paid for them here on TB or craigs list.

i already have built my own fretless, i am just seeking to learn how to level and polish fretted necks. in the meantime, i also intend to build a few necks.