Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ROGUE BASSES

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MIKESDUSTER, Oct 11, 2005.

1. MIKESDUSTER

MIKESDUSTER

Oct 11, 2005
    im looking at a 6-string ROGUE for my church...GOOD/BAD/UGLY??

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Heard a few good things about Rogues, and a lot of bad things. The two that I have actually played were decent looking and playing for the money, but didn't sound very good.

There are quite a few low priced 6 stringers out there. What is your budget?

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    bad

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Only bass that's ever mamed me while playing it. BAD.

5. JohnBarr

JohnBarr

Mar 19, 2004
    Central NY
    I'd be _very_ skeptical. Nothing I've seen of that brand suggests the slightest concern for quality.

The brand is made for MusiciansFriend and GC by SungBo in China. That's sort of like having your guitar made by a subsidiary of Haliburton. Why risk it?

For a few more bucks you can get a much better new bass and a very good one used.

John

6. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    The house branded imports at www.rondomusic.com are generally thougt of here with more respect than Rogue basses. Give them a look. I'm sure there are some nice Rogues, I've played some.

7. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    The extra nice thing about SX basses is they are upgradable. You can get the general idea with the basic bass and improve on it as you go along or leave it. I find that to be a big plus

8. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
  9. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    +1 on the SX/Brice from Rondo. And I definitely agree about them being easily upgrade-able- it's a big selling point, at least for me.

10. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    When I played the Rouge 6, my IQ dropped 7 points.