Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rogue fretless acoustic

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gabe, May 13, 2003.

1. Gabe

Gabe

Jan 21, 2003
    I've been sort of looking for a fretless and sort of looking for an acoustic. The other day on musicians friend I saw a Rogue fretless acoustic electric for about $150. Anyone know anything about these instruments? Input would be much appreciated.

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Rogue= Evil

They are cheap for a very good reason.

http://www.rondomusic.com

go look around there, they are cheap, and far superior.

3. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    Defintley go with Essex over Rogue. The Essex is supposed to be a great deal for the money, while the Rogue is considered terrible, even for how cheap it is.

4. Gabe

Gabe

Jan 21, 2003
    The instruments at Rondo looked nice and inexpensive. I couldn't find one that was fretless and acoustic electric though. Could you guys recommend a good fretless acoustic/electric? Or would it be better to get a fretted acoustic and a plain ol' fretless electric. Unfortunately, being relatively inexpensive is neccesary. Used is certainely not a problem. Thanks for the advice :)

5. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    If budget really is a problem for you, I would just get a fretless electric, as you will find that the electrics are better quality than the acoustics in the low price range. IMO, of course.

6. played a friend's rogue and tried the Jaco neck bend and ruined the neck.

7. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    12 years later, anyone have any other info on these? I found one cheap from GC online and decided to go for it. I could always return it if it's a complete piece of crap.

Looks pretty good, IMO
    [​IMG]