Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rogue Ibanez basses!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Moxa13, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Moxa13

Moxa13

Apr 14, 2003
    A few weeks ago, I was at a local musicstore. They said they had the new Ibanez basses in stock, and I tried them out. They had the double humbucker active pickups. The basses looked like G&L. The pickups wre also active. They were selling for four hundred bucks. I tried a couple out, and was not that impressed. (For the record I play an Ibanez sixer and like it) I was flipping through the new musicians friend catalouge. I see the new Rogues. Double humbucking active pick-ups looking like G&L's.

wait a second.......

I swear they are the same bass. Anybody else notice this, or am I hallucintaing? I know a lot of basses that have different brand names on them come from the same factory :meh:

2. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I don't know the "truth" behind Rogue, but I was told several years ago by some schlep at the Fiend that Rogues were "built" by Ibanez. I don't know if that is true, so don't hold me to the guy's word.