1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rogue LX205B

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Greg Waldon, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Greg Waldon

Greg Waldon

Aug 22, 2017
    Mississippi
    None
    I’ve had a Rogue LX205B Series II for about 7 or 8 years that I bought because I wanted to try a 5er and didn’t want to spend much money. Got it for $105.00 with free shipping. Mainly just fiddled around with it. It needed a serious setup done on it but I wasn’t wanting to spend almost what it was worth to get a proper setup done. Neck had a pretty good bow to it and the action was a mile high. So, I decided I would at least give it a try on setting it up myself. I can be a cheapskate sometimes. Finally found an Allen wrench that would fit the truss rod. Took a bit of trial and error but I’ve got the neck straight as an arrow and that also brought the action down a lot . I got the action lower by tweaking the bridge adjustment just a little. Got the intonation set almost perfect. What a difference 15 minuets made in how this bass plays. I am in shock as to how good it plays now. Was thinking about getting rid of it but I just may have to keep it now.

biguglyman likes this.
  2. Mark76

Mark76

Dec 1, 2015
    Leicester
    Happy New Old Bass Day :D

Pics!

Greg Waldon likes this.
  3. biguglyman

biguglyman

Jul 27, 2017
    Rochester, NY
    Did the same thing to an old Rogue P-bass that belonged to the kid of a friend of my wife's. New strings, truss tweak, lower the saddles almost as far as they would go and voila!...decent beginner bass.

Greg Waldon likes this.
  4. Greg Waldon

Greg Waldon

Aug 22, 2017
    Mississippi
    None

This is the only pic I have. Just your typical Rogue. The truss rod adjustment seems to be holding really well. We have had a lot of major changes and humidity over the past 3 or 4 days. I have recheck the kneck, tuning and intonation and everything is good. Still in perfect tune. I hope things will stay that way.
    IMG_20180114_201317.

timeitcorrectly likes this.
  5. timeitcorrectly

timeitcorrectly

Oct 26, 2017
    I was looking at the rogue five string but I decided to go a bit higher end, I tried the 4 string version of this rogue and it wasn't bad, it was really decent for the price.

Greg Waldon likes this.
  6. Greg Waldon

Greg Waldon

Aug 22, 2017
    Mississippi
    None
    Can't blame you for that. Still not sure that I want to keep it. If I played it more it may be different. I have more than got my monies worth out of it. If I do keep it I may use it for a project bass of some sort.

7. Greg Waldon

Greg Waldon

Aug 22, 2017
    Mississippi
    None
    Not being nosey, but what'd ya get?

8. timeitcorrectly

timeitcorrectly

Oct 26, 2017
    nothing yet, I'm still looking I'm deciding between a used Ibanez SR506 and an SR306EB.

Greg Waldon likes this.
  9. Greg Waldon

Greg Waldon

Aug 22, 2017
    Mississippi
    None
    Good deal. Good luck on your search.