Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rogue LX400 Pro $120 bucks on sale?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chi42069, May 27, 2003.

1. chi42069

chi42069 Guest

Apr 23, 2000
    kentucky
    My only experience with Rogue was when i bought a new $100 acoustic from them. It was very cheap and was hard to play. But the tone wasn't too bad, it did the job. Today i just got a new Musicians Friend in the mail and they have these new Basses by Rogue. They seem to have a lot of good features. 2 way truss rod, graphite nut, active eq and so on. They sell for $299 but on there website, u can get them on sale for $120. Does this sound like a good deal? This would be my first bass. I was planning on getting a used Fender for $200 or so, but this Rogue doesn't sound too bad. Am i stupid for even considering a Rogue?

peace

chi

2. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

Fender, please, get the Fender, THE FENDER.

3. You're not stupid for considering it, you're just in a haste to get a bass. But trust me, save your money for the Fender. That Rogue isn't worth your money.

4. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    speaking of rogues here is like talking about wiffle balls in major league baseball. Go with the Fender. Speaking of Rogues is a serious faux-pas unless someone says something like "Vic Wooten can make even a rogue sound good" or something satirical.

You said it yourself, hard to play. Not very well built etc. May have been a bad one, but it still speaks a lot of the overall quality.

Fenders are the best for beginners IMO, and many experts swear by them, so you know they can be reliable.

5. arose11

arose11

Sep 30, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    u heard it.... go for the fender, you won't be dissapointed.

6. chi42069

chi42069 Guest

Apr 23, 2000
    kentucky
    thanks for all the replies. I read some reviews on the Rogue LX400B and a lot of people seemed to like them. I'm starting to look at some Essex basses now too. Mainly because they are cheap and everyone of this forum raves about them.

peace

chi

7. Flag2Flag

Flag2Flag

Dec 30, 2005
    Austin, TX
    I own a LX400 and enjoy it quite a bit. of course you cant expect top notch quality or features, but it is a good looking bass and a decent playing one. ive gotten many compliments about it and still enjoy playing it.

8. slickhare

slickhare

Feb 2, 2005
    SX's are amazing! i was shocked when i got mine! amazing quality for the price... definintely consider them

9. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I wouldnt trade a box of Tic Tacs for a Rogue.

10. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Reality is fun! Many Rogue models and SX models are from the same factory. Here's a post by Kurt from Rondo Music taken from the megathread in which he tells us that there are some Rogue models that are simply rebadged SX/Brice basses.

Just food for thought when everybody poops on Rogue and sings about SX!