Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ROGUE STRINGS FROM MF

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by PBFACTOR, May 7, 2002.

1. PBFACTOR

PBFACTOR Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2001
    Boise, ID
    i've been playing bass 17 years and have wasted money on every string out there. i just got the 3 to a pack cheap rogue stainless strings from mf. i'll let everyone know if they're ok or not. $45 for 3 each, 45-65-85-105-130, it works out to $15 a set. i'll post what i think soon, peace out.

2. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    $15 a set for Brand X strings is cheap? Oy, gevalt!

Until I bought some Fender 9050Ms flatwounds for a princely $15.50, I'd never spent that much money on bass strings in my life. It seems like every other month there are some name brand bass strings on loss-leader sale at GC, so I stock up.

I would still be interested in the country of origin on these when you get them, as well as their wound length. Lots of "bargain" strings have really short wound lengths that prevent them from being used on a whole lot of basses.

Good luck!

3. I got a 4 string set sitting here unopened. they sent 'em to me free with some order. I think I'm gonna give 'em away.

4. eli

eli Mad showoff 7-stringer and Wish lover Supporting Member

Dec 12, 1999
    NW suburban Chicago
    Cheaper 5's can be had from www.wwandbw.com (Woodwind and Brasswind). The Vinci nickel rounds are $12.99 a set and you don't even have to buy three sets (though the shipping makes it a better idea). And they take boiling very well, amking them even more economical.

5. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Guitar Center blew out Danelectro bass strings last year at $15 for a 5 pack. No, that's not a misprint! 3 bucks a set. By the time I got there, they had one 5-pack box left. I bought it. The thing is, they're very good strings, too.

Also, AMS recently sold Dean Markley Blue Steel Nickels for $11.99 a set.

All of the above are 4 string sets.

6. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    15 bucks for Rogue strings?? Yikes!! Ernie Balls go for 16 and DRs for 20 out here!