1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rogue VB100 truss rod size?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by tbirdsp, Feb 26, 2016.

1. tbirdsp

tbirdsp

Sep 18, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Anyone know what size wrench is needed? 5 mm too big, Fender 3/16" too big, 4 mm fits but feels really sloppy.
    Intonation is off on the G string pretty bad (haven't played with sliding the bridge yet) and it has a nasty back-buzz on 8th fret of the A string - but for the money it's not a bad bass.

2. GIBrat51

GIBrat51 Innocent as the day is long Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Lost Wages, Nevada
    I seriously doubt they're using an Imperial size (inch) nut. I have one of these basses myself (an older '90s Korean one), and it takes a 4mm hex key - with a little play. If your bass is used, it's perfectly possible that someone jammed a 5/32" key in there (they're slightly smaller than a 4mm) and messed the nut up. Which may be why there's play in mine. But, if 5mm is too big, and 4mm is definitely too small? Sounds like you need a 4.5mm hex key. Like the one I'm looking at right now, that says "Sears Craftsman" on it. They are available elsewhere, I imagine, but... yeah, it is an odd size. Maybe they just wanted to be different...:thumbsup:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
    JustForSport likes this.
  3. tbirdsp

tbirdsp

Sep 18, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Bass was bought new recently, made in China. 4 mm will turn the nut, but it's loose enough I'm worried about it stripping out. I think I have a 4.5 somewhere.
    I didn't think it would be 3/16" either, but was baffled when both 5 and 4 mm didn't feel right. I have several Squiers, some are 5 mm, some are 4. Also both USA and MIM Fenders are 3/16".