Rogue VB100 Violin Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nyaben, Sep 3, 2001.

1. nyaben

Nov 3, 2000
    Have read rave reviews of this bass. They all say to get it, swap out the strings for a nice pair of Flatwounds and you're all set. Any experiences? :confused:
  2. uglybassplayer

Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    For the most part, the reviews on seem pretty favorable. You're probably already aware of this, but "Rogue" is Musician's Friend's "house" brand (Similar to Sam Ash's "Carlos Robelli" line). I wouldn't expect a great quality bass, but if you're looking for that "thud" sound and this isn't going to be your main bass.... hey, for <$300, why not.

- Frank
  3. Alex E

Alex E

Mar 2, 2006
    You learn something new every day. I didn't know that about 'Rogue' by the house label of Musicians Friend.

A friend lent me their Rogue VB and I was surprised how nice it was. I had read bad reviews, but in person, the quality of construction was impressive. No cosmetic flaws and actually really pretty and the electronics seem like they work fine and as designed. It didn't feel cheap.

I like the way it sounded plugged in, although you're not going to slap on one of these. It will sound even more 60's if you get rid of the 'rounds' and put a good pair of flatwound strings. It's limited in what it can do, but by in large, it's a good second bass to have if you're not a metal or r n b player!