Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rogue Violin Bass Upgraded Hardware

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pike66, Jan 13, 2005.

1. pike66

pike66

Apr 28, 2001
    Long Island NY
    I know how we all hate Rogue basses, but I do dig the Rogue violin bass. Anyway, would it be worth it to change the stock tailpiece and bridge to a hofner bridge and tailpiece? Allparts.com has them, and I'm wondering if I should bother upgrading the bass.
    any info is appreciated,
    -Randy-

2. Andre_gt7

Andre_gt7

Jan 4, 2005
    Atlanta - GA
    i dont know much about ur model...but i love my rogue..it serves as a nice baackup to my GT7...and i just upgraded it with Dimarzio Pups

3. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    My neighbors bought a Rogue violin bass for their 14 year old son for his birthday. They asked me to teach him what I knew about bass, and I was happy to oblige. I played the thing over at their place and... It was probably the worst bass I've ever played. And I've played other Rogues, but this one was on the low end of the Rogue scale, even compared to the $80 plywood ones. It was just cheap. Uneven frets, buzzing all over the place, loose knobs, etc.

But this was totally stock, I don't know what it would sound like if it was upgraded.

4. pike66

pike66

Apr 28, 2001
    Long Island NY
    You're right about the bass in its stock form. The factory strings were really crappy. I changed them to black tape wound rotosounds and it completely changed the bass. That's why I'm wondering if changing the hardware will bump up the quality even more.

5. wow. i just got one today and i love it, mabeye i just got a good one.

6. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    I would guess many Rouges (as many lower end basses) are very hit and miss. If you have one that you like and use, why not upgrade stuff? Sure you're goning to hear the same retarded comments ie. "Why upgrade a turd? blah, blah blah...", but it's it's worth it to you do it.